10- Dreams

The evening sun cast a warm glow over the training grounds of Jujutsu High as Rin arrived to mentor Yuta, Toge, Panda, and Maki. As she approached the group, she noticed Yuta's curious gaze fixed on her, concern evident in his eyes. Rin smiled reassuringly at him before turning her attention to Gojo, who was giving instructions to the students.

"All right, everyone," Gojo began, his voice filled with energy. "Today, we're going to focus on close combat training. Yuta and Panda, you'll both be paired against Maki and Inumaki. I want to see some impressive teamwork and skill!"

The four students took their positions, their determination evident as they prepared for the mock battle. Rin and Gojo stepped aside, watching attentively as the students charged at each other, their movements swift and calculated.

Gojo leaned casually against a nearby tree, a mischievous grin spreading across his face as he glanced at Rin. "So, Rin, ready to see these kids in action?"

Rin playfully rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "Oh, I'm always ready, Satoru. I know they will do their best, after all...they're being trained by the best, and I don't mean that it's \you by that." She scoffed playfully.

As the battle unfolded before them, Rin and Gojo exchanged light-hearted banter, their teasing and mockeries echoing through the training grounds. Rin took pleasure in teasing Gojo, knowing how much he enjoyed their playful exchanges.

After the intense clash between the four students, Gojo clapped his hands, signaling for their attention. "Great job, everyone! Take a ten-minute break to catch your breath. You've earned it."

The other students dispersed, finding their own space to rest and recover. Yuta, however, noticed Rin standing by herself as Gojo went to the vending machine to get himself something to drink.

Yuta smiled sheepishly as he made his way over to her. Concern etched across his face, he asked softly, "Hey, Nakamura-san, are you okay? After the last mission..."

Rin's smile softened as she met Yuta's gaze. "I'm fine, Yuta-kun.. Just a little tired, but it's nothing to worry about. Thank you for asking."

Yuta nodded, his concern easing slightly. "If you ever need someone to talk to or if there's anything I can do, just let me know." He held her hands and blushed, taking Rin by surprise.

She was taken aback by his sudden boldness, but she appreciated his genuine concern and support as a student.

"Thank you, Yuta-kun. That's really sweet of you." She gave his hands a reassuring squeeze before releasing them.

The training session continued, and Rin and Gojo stood by the side, watching as the four students engaged in combat. Rin's focus was on assessing their techniques and offering guidance when needed, while Gojo's gaze, unbeknownst to Rin, occasionally shifted to her.

As Gojo's eyes lingered on Rin, he couldn't help but notice her hand resting by her side. A mischievous smirk tugged at his lips as a playful idea crossed his mind. Without warning, he reached out and gently took hold of her hand, catching Rin off guard.

Rin's brows furrowed in confusion as she glanced at their intertwined hands. "Satoru!! what are you doing?" she whispered, her tone laced with curiosity.

Gojo hummed, a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Just wanted to see what it felt like, holding your hand," he replied, his voice teasing. "Yuta did it earlier, so I thought I'd give it a try too."

Rin's frown deepened, "You saw that..?"

"Sure did." He grinned, slightly squeezing her hand.

Deep down, he just wanted an excuse to be able to hold her hand, and he smiled to himself as he thought this.