39 - Family

Rin made her way to the rooftop of the hospital she worked in to see Gojo sitting on one of the benches, with his back facing her, sitting on one side of the bench while his arm rests on the edge of the backrest of the bench.

"What is it..?" Rin said in her usual tone with a hint of playfulness. "You called me here urgently while I was busy attending a conference...this better not be one of your schemes, you know?" She smiled playfully as she looked at him.

He turned to look at her before pattingon the space beside him with a smile.

"Just want to have a serious conversation with my beloved wife."

She shakes her head playfully and chuckled softly while sitting beside him.

"So?" She turned to look at him. "What is this about now?"

Gojo didn't seem to take his eyes off the evening setting sky, humming under his breath with a smile.

"The sky looks....pretty today..."

Rin shifted her gaze to look at the beautiful magenta and orangish hue, smiling to herself at soft blend between the colors of the sky.

"Mhm... definitely so..."

"But...not as pretty as my beloved .." he muttered in a deep but low voice making her smile as they now looked at each other.

"Was this so important that you couldn't wait till we reached home for you to be able to say this?" She grinned mischievously. "You interrupted my big conference meeting because of this??"

He shrugged and crossed his arms cockily. "Well....you know what they say, Dr. Nakamura...keep the marriage spark ignited by spoiling one another."

She let out a chuckle before noticing him scoot closer to her, smoothly moving his arm from the edge of the backrest to wrap it around her shoulder, pulling her close to him.

"You can say I'm still very much in my prime." He muttered while leaning close to her and giving her a quick peck on her forehead.

"And what's that got to do with anything?" She rolled her eyes playfully.

"You know what I'm saying...come on... don't play dumb with me." He scoffed and grinned.

She raised her eyebrow. "What are you implying...Satoru..?"

Gojo chuckled while looking at her, his hand stroking her hair.

"You must know that it's getting harder for me to hide the fact that I'm still totally and hopelessly in love with you," he mumbled. "Even after all these years, that hasn't changed one bit, my beloved wife. Not even a teeny bit."

"Okay... and what are you trying to lead with this sweet talk?" She teased, knowing he was going somewhere with that.

Gojo chuckled again, "Well...what if...I was trying to ask you something..?"

She tilts her head, her expression softening slightly. "What sort of question?" She muttered.

Gojo paused and sits back up, looking away for a moment and swallowed, breathing in deeply before leaning in closer to her and taking her hands into his.

"What if I was trying to ask you...about having a child...?" He said quietly.

She turned red and looked at him.

"A what now??"

"I want to have a child with you.." he muttered. "I've been thinking about it all day...for months even...and I've finally realized that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and build a family.. and I would be the happiest man on earth if I could build a family with you..."