47 - Family

It was an early morning, with the sun glowing warmly over the horizon.

Rin had prepared a box of cooked breakfast before making her way to the Jujutsu High training grounds, but was surprised to find only Fushiguro present there.

"Good morning!" She greeted out cheerfully and smiled as she approached him.

He turned around to look at her, his expression unchanging. 

"Nakamura-san... Good morning." He said in a monotone.

"How's your wounds? Is it any better?" She asked as she stops walking after standing in front of him.

"Yeah, in fact it was all better the moment you healed them.." He nodded.

She smiled before sighing in relief.

"I'm glad, Megumi-chan..."

He felt a sudden shudder as she called his name and frowned slightly as he looked at her.

"You're still calling me like that? I'm not a little girl, you know!!" His voice was calm but also had a hint of slight irritation to it as he lightly clenches his fists, looking away right after saying it.

"Hm?" She looks at him. "You can't blame me for something like that now, can you?" She chuckled softly. "Satoru never told me that you were a boy when he talked about you before we met..."

Fushiguro sighed as he looked away, remembering those moments.

~~~(Flashback 1)~~~

Fushiguro has just exited his dorm after getting ready for the day, only to be met with the enthusiastic Gojo.

"Megumi!! Good morning!!" 

Fushiguro flinched slightly before looking at him. "Gojo-sensei...good morning."

Gojo grinned before walking towards him.

"I think I know someone who can mentor you in my absence, Megumi. And since you are starting your sorcery life, I think I can introduce you to her." He grinned while putting his hands in his pockets.

Fushiguro just looks at him silently and looked away before looking back at him again.

"But there's one problem..." Gojo looks at him with a mischievous smile, pausing slightly for suspense.

Fushiguro, waiting for him to continue talking , frowned a little as he kept the suspense going without Fushiguro asking.

"So...the problem is...?" He asked, giving in to the suspense, albeit a little annoyed.

"She thinks you're a girl."

This caught Fushiguro by surprise and the deadpan look that was usually on his face was suddenly erased for a moment.

"A girl..?" He asked, a little shocked but curious. 

Gojo nods with a smirk. "You see, I kept talking about you to her and she assumed that you were a girl, because of your name."

Fushiguro stared a little hardly at Gojo, who seemed unfazed zed by his looks and continued to grin with his arms crossed.

"And you don't think it is fair to correct this...person?" He asks, a little annoyed.

"I will. Don't worry! You can count on me!!" Gojo grinned.

~~~ (Flashback 2) ~~~

It was the day that Gojo brought Rin to meet Fushiguro, and Rin gasped as she looks at him.