23 - Fireworks

After their little friendly competitive game challenges and with many gifts won for both of them, they decided to go to 'their' spot, that one spot that was a little secluded from the crowded festive street but gave the best view of the fireworks at the night sky and the city view.

"I can't believe this place still exists." Rin chuckled as she followed Gojo as the climbed the steep slope to a hill-like area.

"I made sure it was always there." Gojo grinned proudly and looked at her. "You're having difficulty climbing, want me to help you out?" He smirked.

"It's just that the kimono is in the way..." She grunts lightly as she climbed up. "But I can manage." She smiled.

As he reached the top, he smiled and offered her a hand. "Allow me." He grinned.

She chuckled as she takes his hand and climbs the last step before reaching the top as well, going to the spot under a large tree and looking at the sky.

"The weather is nice. Not too warm or cold..." He smiled. "It feels just right."

He then looks at her, who was surveying the city from the spot they were in.

"I have to admit, even though you're wearing the kimono for the first time, you're nailing it." He smirked.

She chuckled softly and looked at him, the corner of her rosy lips still curved upwards in a smile.

"I'm glad I was able to pull this off." She smiled.

"Pull off?!" He iterated in a loud tone as if she was underrating his remark. "No..the kimono isn't making you look good at all, YOU'RE making this kimono look good." He grinned confidently while crossing his arms and slightly leaning back as if he was checking her out.

"You're...." His gaze softened slightly as he looks at her, speaking in a softer tone. "You're breathtakingly beautiful, Rin. Not even the moon and stars in the sky can compete with how you look." He mutters as his eyes were still fixed on her.

His unexpected sweet compliment made hee blush slightly and she looks at him.

"Wh-what are you even saying??" She looked away to hide her red cheeks as she stammered and mumbled, not used to see his soft side since he is always mischievous and cocky.

He chuckled heartily. "Did I get to you?" He grinned.

She scoffed. "Oh, so that's one of your little pranks you pulled to see my reaction." She rolls her eyes. "How immature."

His grin turned into a genuine smile. "Who said anything about that being a prank?" He looked at her. "I meant every word of it. You are beautiful." He spoke, his tone went back to being soft.

She looks at him a little surprised but also with a blank expression, unaware of the eye contact she had locked with him.

Instead of looking away, he also looked back at her in the eyes, his facial expression relaxing as he continued to look at her.

Their little eye contact was broken by the sound of fireworks, and that's when the both of them shifted their gaze to the fireworks that danced in the sky in colorful hues.

Gojo found solace, peace and happiness, finally spending this auspicious night with the one that matters the most to him, after years of watching the fireworks on his own at the same spot, in honor of Rin and his close friendship, and also to reignite the memories of all the times they watched the fireworks together.

Ten years of spending the festival night alone by himself, he was finally watching it alongside her now. Her presence beside him was enough to calm him down.