41- Purgatory

Gojo kept holding her for only he knows how long, not moving from that place or even letting go off his hold on her. He didn't want to let her go at all, keeping on holding her close to him.

Hours passed by and he finally raised his head as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Today is the day, Gojo..." Shoko kneels beside him, and frowned sympathetically. "I know you are devastated and shattered with what happened to Rin, but you need to be there for the people...before Geto does anything more catastrophic than what he did years ago.."

Gojo kept listening to her but didn't move, his arms still wrapped around his wife's body.

The thought of fighting his former best friend while grieving Rin's death was a little to unbearable for him, even though he didn't show.

"Do it for Rin....please..." Shoko furrowed her eyebrows. "She would want you to fight for mankind as well..."

Gojo looked at Shoko.

"But Rin is-"

"I know how hard it is for you to think about anything else right now!!" She slightly raised her voice. 

Gojo slowly laid Rin back in the gurney before standing up.

"How long till the time of meeting?" He asked.

"Ten minutes...."

Gojo then remained silent as he gazed down at her lifeless body again before putting his hands in his pockets.

"I'm sure there are people who might know about this and might come to take over her cursed spirit while I'm away..."

Shoko widened her eyes in realization.

"That's right...I haven't thought of that..I'm sure many others would want to come and take control of the Ame-no-Uzume now that she is no longer able to resist..."

Gojo cursed under his breath at that thought. The idea of Ame-no-Uzume falling into a bad person's hand, or even Geto himself, was frightening.

Gojo looked at Rin's body one more time, placing a soft and gentle kiss on her forehead. "Shoko, stay with her till I return..."

Shoko nods as she looked at him. "Don't worry about her.."

"and if anything suspicious happens, don't hesitate to call me. I will be here instantly, no matter where in the world I will be." He says in a serious yet determined tone.

He then takes a moment to look at Rin.

"Watch me...Rin..." He muttered before turning around to walk out of the room.

~~~

The war began and Gojo, along with few other sorcerers have been waiting at the meeting point, but Gojo could sense that something was amiss when he didn't spot Geto around, and only his allies.

Upon realizing the truth, he immediately starts to find for Panda and Inumaki to return them back to school in order to protect Yuta and the others there.

~~~

"Kobayashi Rin..."

Rin wakes up to a voice calling her name and find herself alone, looking around to find herself in an unfamiliar place, where there is nothing at all to see as far as her eyes could reach, and it looks like it is a place of infinite nothingness.

"Kagura no mai..."

Rin looks around to see the source of that voice only to find a heavenly looking woman who looked majestic, and beautiful beyond anyone could ever imagine.