38- Birthday

It was a cool wintery morning on December 7th, and while it was still around 8 A.M. , Rin wakes up earlier to get ready for work.

She looks at Gojo, who was still asleep and was drooling a little while his hair was a mess, smiling softly as she looked at the time, nodding knowingly to herself when she realized that she will have enough time to prepare for his birthday surprise.

It was the first birthday either of them have had since the wedlock and she silently slips into her shoes before turning to walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

She froze and turned red as she heard his deep, raspy morning voice, turning around to see him now sitting up from the bed with his messy bed hair, and rubbing his eyes with his hand as he looked at her.

'Dammit...did he really have to wake up right now??? ' she thought to herself as she frowned.

He then silently looks at her while blinking, waiting for an answer, while she awkwardly stood and looked at him.

"I-I..." She looked elsewhere as she cleared her throat. She didn't want to tell him that she was planning a surprise for him. "I got work...."

He raised his eyebrow before stretching his arms and rolling his shoulders to ease his joints. "Work..?" He asked while shifting off the bed. "But it's only 8. Your work starts at 9...doesn't it..?"

She looked away with a small frown and held the strap of her bag tighter as she quickly thinks of an excuse.

He walked to stand in front of her while she looks at up at him as he placed his hands on his waist and tilts his head to the side.

"What's up...? It feels like...as if...you're hiding something..." He asked plainly but didn't seem to bothered by it.

' Yeah right. It's your birthday, you idiot...let me do something nice for you. Can you just...not ruin it for me?? ' She thought to herself with a small frown as she stared at him.

He looks at her frown and leaned closer to her as if he was studying her features. "Hm...? What is it? What are you hiding? Where you goin'??"

Rin rolled her eyes and grunts. "Okay fine, you caught me."

She looked away and crossed her arms.

"Hmm.." He now leaned back and crossed his arm while his finger rests on his chin. "So...what you upto, then...?"

Rin turned red in embarassment. ' I can't believe I am going to say something as stupid as this. '

"I'm cheating on you." She said grumpily while looking away. "That's right. I'm having an affair with someone. That's why I was sneaking out at this time without telling you!!" She frowned at him but was still completely red.

Gojo looks at her with a blink.

"An affair...?" He looks at her.

"Y-yeah!! You heard me!! Don't make me repeat myself!" She said, while seeming more impatient and frustrated.

Gojo looks at her in disbelief and sighed before looking down in defeat. "An affair..huh...?" He sat on the edge of the bed. "Who is he..?"

Rin initially felt bad for lying but she had to. She will make it up for it later, she thought, and it'll all be worth it at the end.

Gojo kept looking down with the sad and defeated expression as she silently looked at him.

"Is he better than me?? Does that guy...whoever in the world he is...love you more than I ever did?" He inquired, his voice tinged with sadness as he looked down at his interlaced fingers.