24 - The apartment

"You met Suguru?!" Gojo widened his eyes and looked at her as they got into the car.

He then held her face in his hands gently. "did he do something?? Anything?? Did he tell you anything bad??" He looks at her, his face full of concern.

She shakes her head.

"I'm fine..."

He leaned back on the car seat and sighed in relief, placing his hand on his chest.

'This is bad...Rin is being exposed slowly to the outside world....first, her being followed by someone, might be an enemy, or a higher up, now it's Suguru....' he thought, his heart beating fast. 'Dr. Nakamura...I can now understand, why you changed your surname to take up your wife's surname instead, and cut off Rin from the outside world for the first 5 or 6 years of her life....' he looks at her, who was smiling to herself as she scrolled through her phone.

He starts the car, his hands gripping tight on the staring wheel as he stared at a distance.

'Dr. Nakamura....what do I do...?' he glances at Rin. 'I can't even tell her about this. God....if you're really up there, if you really exist....please... please help me. I want to protect Rin, even if it costs me my life. I never want her to go away from me again. To the world I may be the strongest, but only you know how weak I am when it's for her, so please, give me the will and energy to defy all evil that is and may come her way...'

~~~

A few weeks has passed since then and Rin stood behind Gojo as he unlocked the door to his apartment.

"Let me warn you, you're entering a first class, luxury apartment." He grinned mischievously while Rin scoffed playfully before carrying her luggage off the floor.

"Allow me.." he offered with a smirk and carried it for her instead. "After all, it's only natural for a husband to help out his wife."

Rin turned red in embarassment. "Hey!! Don't just casually say that!" She frowned slightly before sighing and looking away. "Man, what's wrong with father..? Telling us all of a sudden that we had to get married..." She mumbled.

Gojo looks at her silently before remembering what happened the day when he finally decided to speak to Dr. Nakamura about Rin, the day after the fireworks festival.

Gojo sat across Dr. Nakamura with his fingers interlaced and fidgeting anxiously as he looked down.

"Don't tell Rin that I came here, uncle..." He smiled sheepishly at Dr. Nakamura.

He gave a stern nod. "It's alright, but, why would you want to meet me all of a sudden?"

Gojo took a deep breath.

"It's about Rin. She, told me days earlier that she's being followed by someone." Gojo then looked at him. "I just, wanted to know, was it perhaps, someone you hired to look out for her..?" He asked, waiting for his response. He hoped this was the case.

Dr. Nakamura shook his head. "No... I didn't want to overwhelm her with that yet. Besides, I knew you both would meet often, so I didn't think there was any need to-" he stopped talking as he noticed Gojo with a serious look on his face. "What's the matter..?"

Dr. Nakamura listened patiently and calmly as Gojo explained the situation to him and everything that he was able to gather up till now.

"So, I came to you to ask for advice. What would I have to do to take care that...what happened ten years ago, won't happen again..?" She asked.

Dr. Nakamura took his glasses off before pinching the bridge of his nose slightly, leaving the suspense in the air for Gojo, who continued shake his knee slightly as he waited for his response.