25 - The First-years

Gojo wakes up the next morning, a little disoriented since he had just opened his eyes.

He groaned a little before shifting and turning on the bed before facing the empty side of the bed, rubbing his eyes before sitting up.

' I thought we got married....' he thought to himself before stretching his arms. 'Guess it was just a 'beautiful' dream again, huh..? '

He then stretched his arms before rubbing his eyes softly with his hands, only to realize there actually was a ring on his finger and it wasn't a dream. But before he could process anything or even think of something, his nose caught an unpleasant smell and he sniffed again to make sure that it wasn't just all in his head. However, his doubts were confirmed when he heard the fire alarm go off and immediately got out of the bed, wearing his indoor slippers that rested on the floor right beside his side of the bed, and rushed to the kitchen, surprised to see the kitchen filled with smoke.

Rin, with an apron on and a spatula in her hand, coughed as she stepped away from the stovetop a little.

Gojo acted quickly and turned the stove off before opening the window to let all the smoke out.

"What happened here??" He looks at her and asks in concern.

She looks away a little embarrassed, her hands now slowly falling to her sides.

"I wanted to try to cook something for us but.." she trailed off as she mumbled and sighed deeply before pinching the bridge of her nose. "Doesn't look like I succeeded in it anyway..."

Gojo widened his eyes in surprise as he heard what Rin just said, smiling softly as he knew it was unlike her to go out of her way to try to do something that she was bad at, for instance, cooking.

"Eh..?" He leaned against the counter, crossing his arms with a smug grin on his face as he teased. "You are trying to make me breakfast..?" His smirk grew wider and cocky as he leaned closer to her ear. "You're trying to make your husband happy, is that what you're trying to show me, my 'beloved' wife..?"

Rin grew redder and frowned slightly at him. "Yeah! so what? I'm just trying to be an ideal here."

He shook his head and leaned back again with an honest and genuine smile this time.

"You don't have to be an ideal or anything, Rin.." He looks at her. "You don't have to conform to what people think is the ideal, and I told you this times and times over..." He then took a step closer to her and softened his gaze. "Just be yourself...really...you have always been an insecure one, but you should know that, with whatever happened the past few days and week, I don't want you to do anything you're not comfortable with..."

Rin looked at him in awe, not realizing her cheeks were still tinted red, and a warm feeling spreading across her chest as she sighed in relief.

"You sure..?" She smiled.

"Make it double. Double sure! Wouldn't have it in any other way." He assured before pulling her by her wrist and gently making her sit at the dinner table.

"Now, please rest and let me take care of the breakfast." He says as he takes another apron and wraps the ends around his waist. "You're going to have the best breakfast ever." He grinned.

~~~

Gojo smiled casually and nonchalantly as he stood in front of his students, who were all staring at him in a mixture of confusion and curiosity.

"Umm...can we ask...why are you, umm..I mean, you never wore jewelry before..." Yuta mumbled before scratching the back of his head and looking at his mates.