8

You decide to listen to Harvey. (+1 Harvey point)

"I'm sorry Violet, but I really think we need to go to the shed." You say frantically, as you grab her wrist and yank her out the back door.

"Fine!" Violet says angrily, as she violently withdraws her wrist from your grasp.

You two run towards the shed, and frantically beg for the shed door to be opened. A guy in his mid-twenties, with messy brown hair, tan skin, and dark eyes opens the door, and quickly helps you in.

"Are there any more of you outside?" His brow is knit in concern.

"Not anyone who came with us." You pant.

"Good. I hate to be rude, but would you please..uh." His face reddens, "well, we need to make sure there aren't any bite marks. I'm not saying you're untrustworthy, but I'd like to know, because Harvey would kill me if-"

"It's all good, we understand." You reply

Oliver visibly relaxes. "Okay, Nana is upstairs. I'll ask her to check you, because...you know." He laughs nervously, before going upstairs.

The shed is small, but has two stories, and is surprisingly well stocked for an apocalypse. There are cots lined up with the long edge against the walls, for a total of three on each side. Above the cots, are hammocks. Up to twelve people could comfortably sleep downstairs alone. There's a small area in the back with fuel, and you wonder what's upstairs.

"I bet Harvey is one of those people who everyone thought was crazy for believing there would be a deadly virus every 100 years." You say to Violet.

"I'm glad of it." Violet sighs. "There's no way he'd have been this prepared if he weren't. I'm extremely grateful that he is, and feel like a moron for making fun of those "superstitious" people." Violet trails off uncomfortably.

Oliver helps Nana down the stairs, and she introduces herself. She makes you feel like you're at home, and gives the impression of a sweet, warm grandma.

"I'll wait upstairs." Oliver flashes a lopsided smile, before going back upstairs.

After Nana clears you and Violet of having zombie bites, Oliver invites you upstairs.

At that moment, you hear quick, sharp knocking at the door. Oliver checks through the peep-hole, before unlocking the door, and letting a boy inside, who you recognize as your neighbor, Carter. He's also in college, fairly tall, and has decently long, curly black hair, that nicely frame his green eyes, and sloped nose.

"I'm so glad to see you." Carter hugs Oliver, before looking at you. "Y/n?" He smiles broadly. "Pleasant surprise."

"Wish I could say the same." You smile, before you both start laughing. You've been good friends with Carter since third grade, and were his first friend when he moved.

After Carter is examined for zombie bites, you all go upstairs.

Go to 11