10

You run to the nearest gas station, and arrive there by dusk. Panting profusely, you make your way inside.

"Shut it." A grizzly man behind the counter frowns at you.

"Sorry," you reply, "I wasn't trying to be lou-"

"The door!" He barks.

"Right." You scramble to shut the door before any zombies can get in.

"Hurry," The man behind the register growls. "Get behind this cash register if any zombies show up. Understood?"

You nod your head in agreement, and go behind the cash register anyway. You see Violet, silently crying.

"Violet," you laugh slowly, "fancy seeing you here..." She just glares at you. At that moment, the man taps you on the shoulder with a gun.

"Take it." He huffs. "Here's one for you." He gives Violet a smaller one, and shows you two how to use them. "Harvey." He mutters, while extending his hand.

"Y/n." You reply. "That's Violet." Motioning to Violet.

"I know my name too." Violet wipes her nose and rolls her eyes. "Violet." She shakes Harvey's hand.

Harvey nods his head, and turns to look out the window. "Shit, Oliver." He mumbles.

Just then, a hoard of five zombies approach, and begin pounding in the glass.

"Change of plans, you two go to the shed out back!" Harvey yells.

"That shed looks terrifying, no way." Violet scoffs. "I'd rather die to zombies, than to whatever's probably in that shed! Please, y/n, let's hide around the side with the guns. There could be zombies in the shed as well."

"Please trust me!" Harvey shouts, as the first zombie breaks in.

Listen to Violet - go to page 7
Listen to Harvey - go to page 8