61

"Harvey!" You smile at him as you walk into the gas station. "I have a question for you."

"If it's about our food supply, a group of us will go out tomorrow to grab some more." Harvey responds, his eyes glued to the gas station window.

"Sounds good," you continue. "But I actually came to talk to you about something else. There's this cat Oliver and I were wondering if we could keep. It can hunt for some of its food, and it could catch mice around the shed."

Harvey turns to look at you very seriously. "We can barely feed everyone as it is. How are we supposed to take care of another creature?"

"I think it would also be a good idea to have a cat for Rose. I know she's been struggling."

Harvey thinks for a minute before rubbing his temple. "We really can't take care of a cat in addition to the rest of us. If it hangs around here if it likes, but don't go around feeding it."

As much as you respect Harvey, you can't promise you won't, and you think about sneaking the cat some food in the future.

I'm really sorry, Harvey, but I have to...I can't not feed the cat and have a clean conscience.

"Take these back to the shed with you. But don't look inside." You think you see a grin pulling at his cheeks.

"Alright, will do." You take the boxes.

You race out the door, and find Oliver still playing with the cat.

"Hey, Oliver," You call to him. He looks up just in time to see you trip, and the contents of the boxes spill out on the ground. It's a bunch of books, and a couple stuffed animals.

Shoot!

"I'm sorry, but he wouldn't let us keep her," You frown, as Oliver helps you clean everything up.

"That's alright." Oliver responds with a sad smile. "Need any help with those boxes? I'm on my way to the shed to check on Rose right now."

"No, thank you though," you respond, before remembering what Harvey said. "Please don't tell anyone about what's in these boxes. I think it was supposed to be a surprise from Harvey. Anyway, I can definitely get these boxes my myself. You go check on Rose."

"No worries. I won't tell anyone." He reassures you. "Thanks."

You two walk into the shed together. Oliver goes upstairs to Rose, and you give the boxes to Nana.

From downstairs, you hear a really heartwarming conversation between Oliver and Rose, so you decide to go upstairs.

You go upstairs just in time to see Rose jump into Oliver's arms, giving him a big hug. She's been really quiet and reserved since she came here, and you haven't seen her like this with anyone. Oliver smiles widely, and returns the hug.

You feel your heart melt a little bit, seeing how he got Rose to open up, when no one else could. You walk downstairs to let them enjoy their moment, and you can hear Rose shyly beginning to talk to Oliver.

Go to 62