9

Carter parks in the front of the gas station, and waves at Harvey to let him know you two have made it, before running behind the building, to the shed.

A man in his mid-twenties, with messy brown hair, tan skin, and dark eyes lets you in.

"Are there any more of you outside?" His brow is knit in concern.

"Nope." Carter responds. "Good to see you, Oliver." Carter claps him on the back.

"You as well." He smiles. "Who's this?" He offers a lopsided smile to you.

"My name's y/n." You reply, giving him a smile back.

"Nice to meet you, y/n. Well, I hate to be rude, but we need to...uh." His face reddens, "well, we need to make sure there aren't any bite marks. I'm not saying you're untrustworthy, but I'd like to know, because Harvey would kill me if—"

"We understand." You reply

Oliver visibly relaxes. "Okay, Nana is upstairs. I'll ask her to check you, because...you know." He laughs nervously, before going upstairs to fetch her. "I'll check you, up here, Carter." He calls down.

"Alright." Carter looks at you. "I'll stay with you until they come back down." He smiles.

The shed is small, but has two stories, and is surprisingly well stocked for an apocalypse. There are cots lined up with the long edge against the walls, for a total of three on each side. Above the cots, are hammocks. Up to twelve people could comfortably sleep downstairs. There's a small area in the back with fuel, and you wonder what's upstairs.

"I bet Harvey is one of those people who everyone thought was crazy for believing there would be a deadly virus every 100 years." You say, mostly to yourself. "I'm glad he is though, and sorry I ever made fun of those people for being superstitious."

Oliver helps Nana down the stairs, and she introduces herself. She makes you feel like you're at home, and gives the impression of a sweet, warm grandma.

After you and Carter are cleared of having zombie bites, Oliver invites you upstairs.

At that moment, you hear frantic pounding at the door. Oliver checks through the peep-hole, before unlocking the door, and letting a girl inside. You recognize her. Her name is Violet, and she's your friend Emily's seventeen year old sister. Her dark brown hair is sweaty, and there are tears and panic in her light blue eyes.

"Are you alright?" You gasp. "Is Emily—" you begin.

"Y/n?!" Violet says in shock. "Emily's—infected." She holds back a sob.

"That's Violet." You introduce her to the group.

"I know my name, I can introduce myself." Violet snaps. "...my name is Violet." She says under her breath.

After Violet is examined for zombie bites, you all go upstairs.

Go to 11