one.

Imagine a deck of cards, and each card represents an event that shapes the universe. When the cards are shuffled a particular way, they form into an entirely different reality. In our universe, Ryujin and Yeji are K-pop idols apart of a group known as 'ITZY'. But if the cards were to be mixed up into a random sequence, it would create a whole new set of possibilities and outcomes.

So let's say that we shuffle the cards again. In one universe, Ryujin was a hitman who met her demise at the hands of Karina which tragically left Yeji all alone in her solitude. However, if one card was sorted differently, the whole universe would result in an entirely new reality.

Following along?

Essentially, the Butterfly Effect also plays a major role. Every choice and decision would snowball into what would determine their fate and what their future holds.

There are more than a million possibilities of how their story would unfold. How their endings will be told.

Let's explore it, shall we?

-

-

-

From the very moment a person is born, they are unable to choose their own paths. Undoubtedly due to the sheer fact that newborns are incapable of making their own choices, lying on their mother's chest in a hospital room with the blinding, bright light burning their eyes.

The type of person they would become is heavily determined by what environment they are in, how they are raised and especially the people that care for them.

It's granted that if a person is raised in a stable household, they'd most probably become a 'good' person who would become successful in the future. But if they were exposed to harsh abuse and neglect; in a dysfunctional family, they'd have a whole list of issues that they'd endure for the rest of their lives; affecting how they make decisions and ultimately, their fates.

The prime example of this was Shin Ryujin. An undiagnosed sociopath whose profession was to murder people at someone else's bidding.

Death wasn't anything that fazed the 21-year-old, she experienced quite a few in her short lifetime. Walking into her parents' private bathroom in their bedroom to find her mother's lifeless body with her blood dripping down the drain in the shower, and also witnessing her father's skull shatter against the steering wheel on their way back home from the liquor store.

Perhaps due to all the turmoils of her life, this was how her emotions and her capability to, quite frankly, give a shit about anyone was diminished.

Lost in her thoughts, a hard blow flew across her face. The dark-haired woman staggered in the makeshift ring. Boos and heckling were deafening in the abandoned warehouse in a dilapidated section of Seoul. She saw doubles of each member of the crowd, all screaming and yelling with spit flying out of their drunken mouths.

Suddenly, cheers erupted from the spectators as her opponent came charging towards her.

Thankfully due to his big mass, she was able to dodge his attack without much effort. He threw his arm out in an attempt to use his brunt force to knock her out. She took hold of his muscular forearm and turned around with her back facing his body, pulling downwards with all her strength.