twenty one.

Her fingers trembled violently as she gripped onto the handlebars and pulled down on the throttle. Despite her blood dripping onto the body on her motorbike, she was determined to keep going, seeking refuge somewhere far from her old apartment. The streetlights blurred in her vision as she tried to focus on the road ahead.

The wind whipped against her face, causing her to wince with the stinging pain from her facial injury. Ryujin's consciousness wavered but she fought to stay alert, clinging desperately to her resolve to keep persevering.

Every bump on the road sent a jolt of pain through her body, but she gritted her teeth and tried to compartmentalise herself. With each passing moment, her energy wanes, and her grip on reality slowly slipped away.

As fate would have it, Ryujin unconsciously found herself parked outside a familiar apartment. The rain-soaked streets seemed to have guided her, leading her to the one place that she needed to be. She mustered all her strength to get off the motorbike, stumbling as she walked towards the entrance.

She placed her blood-stained hand on the entrance door for stability as she pressed onto the intercom. After a few buzzes, the door suddenly unlocked, granting her access to the building. Ryujin let out a soft groan as she pulled the door open, leaving a stained handprint on the glass.

With each step she took, the world felt like it was spinning violently. Her legs felt like they were about to give out at any moment. But she needed to see her.

-

-

-

The cat-eyed woman sat on the couch, scrolling on her phone, waiting for a response from the woman she loved. Yeji heard a faint knock on the door. She quickly got up and made her way to the front door.

"Who is it?" She said loudly, unsure who the unexpected visitor was.

With no response coming from the other side, she slowly opened the door. There stood Ryujin, swaying with her face covered in blood.

"Yeji-"

Ryujin's eyes suddenly shut as she fell into Yeji's arms. She stumbled back a little but maintained her balance. Panic and concern flooded her mind, and without a moment's hesitation, she gently picked her up in a bridal carry and took her into the bedroom.

With gentle care, she laid the unconscious Ryujin on her bed and immediately scanned her body for more injuries. Her heart was pounding hard as she saw the cut across her face- what happened to her?!

She took the phone out of her pocket and quickly dialled Chaeryeong for assistance as she ran to the bathroom.

"Yeji?"

The cat-eyed woman took a clean face towel from the shelf and ran it under warm water.

"Ryujin came back." Yeji said with her voice shaking, holding the phone between her ear and shoulder as she squeezed out the excess water.

"Oh shit, really? Are you safe?" Chaeryeong replied, concerned about Ryujin's sudden appearance.

"I am, but she is severely injured and unconscious." She looked back into the bedroom, and saw Ryujin lying on the bed. "Are you able to come over?"

"I'm packing the medical supplies now; I'll be over as soon as possible." The blue-haired woman said frantically. "Just gently clean up her wounds and don't wake her up."

Yeji hung up the phone and headed back into the bedroom with her towel in hand. She stood beside Ryujin, hesitating for a moment, torn between staying by Ryujin's side and giving her space to process everything that occurred. Regardless of everything that had happened, the love that she once felt for Ryujin was still there, intertwined with anger and hurt.