twenty six.

Since returning back to Korea, life resumed to its familiar rhythm for the group. All the women other than Ryujin went back to universities, preparing for the incoming barrage of final exams. As for the hitman, the moment she stepped foot into her home country, her vacation mode immediately switched back to her cautious self- constantly worrying about the danger that lingered in the background.

Ryujin's routine of picking Yeji up from university became a cherished habit. Every day, she would be there waiting for the photographer on her bike with a lit cigarette between her lips. She would watch Yeji emerge from the sea of students with a smile on her face that erased all the worries of the world. Their rides together were filled with lighthearted conversations, laughter and sometimes comfortable silences.

As their bond deepened, Ryujin's heart was beginning to heal as her love grew stronger and more profound. In Yeji's arms, in her presence, she found the solace that she never thought she needed. It was more than just feeling safe; it was as if all the storms in her heart had finally found a quiet harbour.

The soft morning light filtered through the blinds as they stirred awake in each other's arms. Ryujin's eyes fluttered open to see Yeji's warm smile, her hair gently covering parts of her face.

"Morning, Ryu." The cat-eyed woman groaned as she let out a loud yawn with her arms outstretched, intentionally hitting the other.

Still exhausted from her slumber, she hummed in response as she pulled the covers over her head, "Too early..."

"I have to prepare for my presentation later in the afternoon." The photographer took the blanket off her body and sat at the edge of her bed. "I hate presentations."

The dark-haired woman lifted the cover off her face, looking over to see Yeji's back, "Hmm?"

"It's anxiety-inducing, I hate public speaking." Yeji looked over her shoulder, giving her a plain smile. "Go back to sleep, I'll see you later tonight."

With that, she watched Yeji as she left to go to the bathroom to prepare her morning routine. As she heard the front door shut, she hesitantly got out of bed and headed to the kitchen, preparing herself a cup of black coffee.

After taking a sip of her bitter drink, Ryujin's lips curled into a soft smile as her gaze shifted to a prepared egg sandwich on the counter with a small note beside the plate. She reached out to pick up the handwritten note that accompanied the breakfast:

"Eat up, old lady! Love you always, Yeji."

A small chuckle filled the kitchen as she folded the note and stuck it inside her phone case and took a bite of the sandwich, savouring the flavours as they mixed in her palate. As she chewed, she placed the mug on the dining table and opened her laptop.

The glow of the laptop screen illuminated Ryujin's focused expression as she scoured the internet for any signs of Aespa. Her fingers moved swiftly over the keyboard, a mixture of determination and caution as she clicked on articles and contract listings on the web.

Her fingers stilled on the keyboard as she read the headline of one of the articles. "Where is the Black Card Killer?" Clicking on the article, Ryujin read through the details.

Crime News:

Where is the Black Card Killer?

Article by 백이진 (Baek Yijin)

In a stunning turn of events, the notorious serial killer known as the Black Card, responsible for a string of high-profile assassinations, appears to have ceased their reign of terror, leaving law enforcement, investors and the public baffled by their sudden disappearance.