seventeen.

"Yongsun." Karina held the phone to her ear, sitting on a milk crate with a beer can in hand outside the base.

The afternoon sun gleamed down on her as she took the call, the slight breeze brushing through her dark hair. She took another gulp of the beer, preparing to hear what Yongsun had to say.

"Karina. What's the progress with Ryujin?" His husky voice came through the phone speaker, sending a jolt of goosebumps down her spine.

"We are getting there; we got all the information on her, and we are now preparing to take her out." The leader replied and finished off her beer can before placing it beside her foot.

"And when would that be? We need to start our plans with the bank."

"Soon." Karina answered, leaning back into the metal wall behind her. "You won't be disappointed."

"I'll be expecting results."

He hung up the call, so Karina shoved her phone back into her pocket. As she made her way back to the door, the empty beer can crushed beneath her boot. When she entered the base, Winter was at her workstation, servicing her highly modified rifle and Ningning was finalising gathering the information.

"Did you get it?" The leader asked as she stood beside the hacker, observing her fingers tapping on the keyboard.

"Almost. I'm just refining the CCTV footage." She replied without taking her eyes off the screen.

Karina looked around the base, noticing a missing presence, "Where is Giselle?"

"She is acquainting herself with some people at that medical school." Ningning answered as she finished up. "Okay, it's done. Want to take a look?"

She nodded and leaned in closer to the screen, reviewing over all the files that the hacker accumulated.

"Okay, we'll send that out soon."

Ningning nodded and went back to work on the computer. Karina rubbed her temple as she wandered over to her girlfriend working at her station. The pair hadn't spoken much since the three members went out and attempted to take out Ryujin.

"Hey Darling." The leader spoke softly, feeling the awkward tension between the two.

The Armamenter ignored her and focused on cleaning the barrel of her rifle. Karina noticed the cold shoulder she received and took another step towards her.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked again, extending her hand out to place on her shoulder.

Winter immediately turned around and swatted her hand away, "Why are you so obsessed with her?"

Karina creased her eyebrows, "Because we need to eliminate her."

The bobbed-haired woman chuckled dryly before continuing to clean the barrel aggressively.

"Winter, our job is to kill-"

"Do you love her?" Winter turned back around to face her, tears begging to escape from her eyes. Karina bit her lip and avoided eye contact. "So, do you?"

"Darling, I-"

She slammed the barrel down on the table hard, "Don't. Just answer the fucking question, Jimin."

Karina bit the side of her mouth, hesitating to answer her question which caused the other to nod slightly.

"So, you do." Winter whispered out, losing the love she had for her. "Well, that explains a lot."

The bobbed-haired woman turned around and began to walk away from her but was stopped by a hand on her wrist.

"Don't fucking touch me." She snatched her hand away from her, tears streaming down her cheeks.