ten.

The dim glow of the streetlights provided a faint illumination as Ryujin positioned herself behind the white Corolla, her hands pressed against the bumper bar. She braced herself with her muscles tensing as she prepared to push the car to the side of the road.

With a sudden surge of strength, she pushed the car, propelling the car forward. Ryujin's breath mingled with the cold night air, steam flowing out of her mouth with each push. Yeji stuck her head out the window, watching as the dark-haired woman exerted all her energy pushing the car.

Noticing the cat-eyed woman staring at her, she rolled her eyes. "Steer, Yeji."

Yeji quickly paid attention and turned the vehicle into a vacant spot beside a streetlight. Ryujin let out a breathless sigh and wiped her forehead with her sleeve, she walked over to the passenger side door and signalled the driver to pull up the handbrake.

She rested her sore arm on the door, "When was the last time you serviced your car?"

"About two years ago?" Yeji said unsurely.

"Pop the bonnet." Ryujin said monotonously and walked to the front of the car.

Yeji pulled the lever before she made her way over to the dark-haired woman. Ryujin propped the bonnet up to see rust and grime all over the engine.

"Looks like more than two years." She said while loosening up the oil cap. She peeked into the engine and sighed. "When was the last time you topped up the oil?"

"I don't know." Yeji threw her hands up to her face, mumbling into her palm.

The dark-haired woman tightened the cap and pulled out the dipstick, "Your engine is empty, you should've poured more oi-"

"I KNOW, RYUJIN!! I FUCKED UP!!" She yelled with her face buried in her hands.

Ryujin looked over at the distressed woman with her lips forming a thin line as she inserted the stick back into the engine. A slither of empathy crept up to her, making her heart ache a little for her.

"Go sit in the car, it's cold." Ryujin whispered as she walked away, taking her phone out of her pocket.

As she went to dial the tow truck driver, an incoming phone call interrupted her.

"Yuna?"

"We took the cab home, where are YOuuUu?" Yuna mumbled as she fell onto the couch with a groan.

"Stranded."

"Give me a bit more..."

"Stranded on the side of the road because Yeji's car died on us." Ryujin huffed out, turning to see Yeji looking down at her fidgeting fingers.

"Well, get home safe. The three of us are gonna pass out." Yuna groaned as she dropped her phone.

"Yuna?"

"..."

Ryujin sighed as she hung up the phone and called for assistance. Once she got off the phone, she walked back to the passenger side. Sniffles were heard coming from the car as she got close.

"Are you crying?" She whispered emotionlessly, uneasy with the tears.

Surprised, Yeji quickly sniffed and wiped her tears with her sleeve, "No, I'm not."

The dark-haired woman reached into her pocket and took out a wrinkled cloth and handed it to Yeji. "Yuna called, they took a cab back to my place. And then I called the tow truck, they will be here in about an hour."

"Why is the tow truck taking so long?" Yeji mumbled and wiped her tear-stained cheeks.

Ryujin shrugged, "How am I supposed to know?"