eighteen.

Ryujin's fingers trembled as the key finally found its way into the lock, she turned the key and the door creaked open. With a flick of the light switch, the old apartment enveloped her in its memories, the walls holding haunting stories of her past. Every piece of furniture, every corner, held a fragment of her childhood that was left to collect dust.

She gripped the strap of her backpack with her other hand holding her helmet as she strolled into her old bedroom. After she threw her bag and helmet at the end of her bed, she sat on her bed, the weight of guilt pressing down her shoulders.

The image of Yeji's face filled with anger and hurt suffocated her. She clutched her hands tightly, her nails digging into her palms as if she were trying to anchor herself to reality. Taking a deep breath, the confrontation took hold of her thoughts with no way to escape. Ryujin slowly opened her eyes and looked down at her palms, seeing the crescent-shaped marks pooling in her hands.

Exhaustion consumed her as she fell back on her old bed. She was drowning in her emotions, unable to find a lifeline to pull her back to the surface. The love she had for Yeji left her stranded, adrift, and unable to find its way back to shore.

-

-

-

As the front door shut softly, Yeji sat on the floor, still trying to process the overwhelming revelation. Hurt, anger, confusion and sadness entangled in her heart, making it difficult to comprehend the truth. Her mind replayed the images from the video, the cold, hard evidence of Ryujin's involvement with her father's death.

Lia sat down beside her, caressing Yeji's arm with her thumb as she also tried to comprehend the sudden reveal. She turned to Chaeryeong, who was standing beside the door restlessly and taking a peek at Yuna in the living room.

"Did you know?"

Chaeryeong turned back to see her girlfriend looking back at her as she comforted her best friend.

"It's complicated." She answered quietly, holding back revealing the whole truth.

The blonde knew that there was more, "Chaeryeong, tell us the truth. Did you know that Ryujin killed Yeji's father?"

Without a word, she nodded. A wave of shock and disappointment washed over Lia. The idea that Ryujin and her girlfriend had been keeping a secret from them felt heavier than ever, and she couldn't help but to question what else she was hiding from her.

Chaeryeong, seeing the confusion and sorrow in her eyes, took a deep breath.

She turned to face Yeji, trying to calm herself down, "When Ryujin killed... your father. It was purely what she was tasked to do. Only after she had met you, that's when she began to feel regret and remorse for you and your father."

"So, you're saying that she didn't when she killed him?" Yeji said slowly as she met Chaeryeong's gaze.

"I..." She looked down, "I can't say."

"Chaeryeong, I love you very much, but you kept a secret from us." Lia said softly, carefully picking her best friend off the floor. "I think we are just going to go back home for a bit."

"Lia..."

The blonde gently guided her best friend out the bedroom door and to the dining table, taking their bags and belongings before heading to the front door.

"We'll talk soon, I think Yeji needs time." As Lia went to open the door, Yeji turned around and picked up her helmet off the table before following her best friend out the door.

Chaeryeong stood beside the dining table, defeated by the whole ordeal. She looked over at Yuna, who was still on the couch, struggling to regulate her breathing.