forty two.

The soft morning light filtered through the small slits of the blinds, slowly stirring Yeji awake. Clothes scattered across the floor, the remnants of their passionate late-night activities. With a soft groan, she rolled over to see Ryujin still fast asleep, her neck and collarbones covered with visible strawberry kisses that she left.

Yeji's fingers gently traced the scar that marked the centre of Ryujin's face, a constant reminder of the life she had left behind. In the quiet of that moment, she marvelled at how much their lives had transformed since they first met. It was as if fate or some celestial being had brought them together, two souls from vastly different worlds had woven their destinies into something that was out of a love story.

Ryujin, still drowsy from her sleep, blinked her eyes open, meeting Yeji's gaze with a soft, affectionate smile.

"You've been awake this whole time?" She spoke in a soft tone, her voice still raspy from the previous night. Her fingers continued to brush against her scar.

"Didn't want to spook you." The former hitman joked lightly before shuffling herself closer to her girlfriend. "And cause I enjoy you touching me."

"Oh yeah, I know very well."

Yeji leaned down and pressed a tender kiss to Ryujin's scar before trailing down to her lips. As their passion escalated, they surrendered to the heat of the moment. Their lips locked in a fervent kiss, their tongues exploring each others. The dark-haired woman's fingers traced the contours of Yeji's back, leaving behind red marks. Yeji's hand clasped onto Ryujin's breast as her breath grew heavier.

As the photographer straddled her girlfriend, the unexpected presence of the white kitten interrupted their tender moment. The couple broke their makeout session and stared at the cat that hopped onto the bed. They couldn't help but chuckle at the timing.

"We got cockblocked." Ryujin giggled as Yeji got off of her and laid back down.

"Pussyblocked." Yeji corrected as she extended her hand towards the feline which nuzzled her fingers affectionately.

The former hitman poked her fingers out from beneath the blanket, catching the cat's attention. The kitten pounded her hand, playfully swatting her fingertips with its tiny paws inducing a laughing fit from both of them. They watched the cat chase imaginary foes in the folds of their bedsheets for several minutes before Yeji got out of bed to get ready to pick up Yuna from the airport.

Ryujin picked up the kitten and placed it on her chest as she spoke softly to the feline, "Do you see it too?"

She whispered, her eyes following Yeji's naked frame walking into the bathroom, "Isn't she just the most beautiful person you've ever seen, Chaeri?"

The kitten purred contentedly in response, nestled against Ryujin's chest.

-

-

-

The airport terminal buzzed with activity, travellers rushing to and fro with suitcases and luggage in hand. Ryujin could feel the subtle tension in Yeji's grip, the mix of excitement for Yuna's return and the anticipation of her graduation ceremony.

Amid the seas of people emerging from the terminal, Yuna's eyes darted around, scanning the crowd for a familiar face. She clutched her suitcase handle as she navigated herself through the bustling swarm of people. Then, in the distance, she spotted it- a sign held high above their heads. It read "Welcome Home, Tall Baby." in Yeji's elegant handwriting.

A beaming smile spread across Yuna's face as she made a beeline for the sign. The couple spotted her rushing through the chaos and ran towards her. The trio came together in a warm heartfelt embrace, the happiness of the reunion washing away any remnants of nerves.