two.

The nightlife in Seoul was lively. With all the amount of foot traffic and boisterous laughter coming from bars and clubs on the strip, many would believe that the people of the city are nocturnal vampires that have just awoken from their deep slumber.

Ryujin enjoyed the hustle and bustle that came with the darkness. It was the best opportunity for her to carry out the tasks that her career required her to do. However, she also loved the artificial light that illuminated the night.

She always associated daytime with people who had their lives put together. People who found their purpose, something to work towards, a future awaiting them to achieve— everything that she didn't possess. The sun was too bright for her, too pure for the darkness swirling inside her mind, in her heart. Nothing but a black hole that could never be filled.

At night, her darkness doesn't seem so bad.

"I'm hungry." Chaeryeong loudly said over the music pumping through the car stereo.

"I don't care, let's go home. I'm tired." Ryujin replied plainly, eyeing a drunk man falling onto the wall as they drove by.

"And I don't care that you're tired. I want food because your dumbass took too long." The driver retorted and pulled over to a nearby restaurant.

Her friend immediately got out of the car, leaving Ryujin alone. She wanted nothing more than to just go home and fall asleep, but a dark blue-haired woman proved that she had no control over her.

Chaeryeong started banging on the car window, yelling at her to pick up the pace. The dark-haired woman rolled her eyes and eventually got out of the car. As she stepped foot onto the path, she remembered that she needed to change her outfit.

Ryujin opened the back door to grab a random pair of sweatpants that was left there (wasn't sure if it was hers or Chaeryeong's) and quickly put them on, as well as a black oversized hoodie.

"Ryu, you look great but can you please hurry up?!" The taller woman huffed out with her arms crossed, waiting impatiently.

The dark-haired woman straightened out her hoodie and walked past her friend while flipping her off and went straight into the pizza parlour. Chaeryeong chuckled to herself and ran to catch up.

As they got to the counter, Chaeryeong immediately ordered her pizza. She went to pay for her food but was already given the receipt. Ryujin placed her card back into her pocket and walked straight to a vacant table.

"Aww thanks for the pizza, babe." Chaeryeong teased.

"Don't call me babe." Ryujin replied seriously, resting her head against her arm.

"But babe, you care for me sooo much." The blue-haired woman sweetly joked while shining her irresistible charm to the stone-hard woman sitting across from her.

"Whatever."

Ten minutes later, a worker placed the pizza in the middle of the table. The delicious aroma of melted cheese and perfectly cooked chicken made Ryujin's mouth water. Chaeryeong took a slice and the other watched in awe of the cheese pull.

"Ryu, have some."

"No." Ryujin looked everywhere else other than the pizza which made her stomach rumble.

Fed up with her stubbornness, Chaeryeong placed the slice onto Ryujin's plate and grabbed another.

"Child."

The dark-haired woman let out a small smile as she picked up the pizza and brought it to her mouth. The taste was just as satisfying as the smell.

A moment of silence was upon the woman as they took their time eating their meal.