thirty.

As Ryujin returned home with her leg in a cast, the familiar surroundings brought a mix of comfort and frustration. She had always been active and independent- cleaning the apartment, navigating herself around her home, working out on her pull-up bar, but now the limitations of her injuries forced her to occupy one of two places- her bed and the couch.

The group had done their best to make the apartment as accommodating as possible. Food and drinks were placed within arms reach, ensuring Ryujin was able to take care of herself when they were at their classes or running their errands. Chaeryeong and Lia would take turns staying at home to look after the injured hitman and tend to her needs, prescribing her medication for her pain and muscle relaxants for her aching body.

After completing her final assignment, Yeji requested time off from her classes and switched over to online lessons in order to spend more time with her girlfriend. The teacher immediately granted her permission and would adjust her lessons for her, knowing the tight bond between the two. It was evident that she had taken a liking towards Ryujin, even after the commotion and public display of affection that Ryujin had created in her class.

There were times that Ryujin was left all alone in her apartment, it was the most excruciating period of time for her- trapped in her mind with no way to distract herself. Watching movies and reading books no longer stimulated her mind. Even before her injuries, she never enjoyed spending time focusing on the screen or reading the words on pages. So, she would attempt to move about, limited with the use of her crutches.

Her palate grew to hate the taste of the snacks that she loved. Chaeryeong and Yuna would always come home with a bag filled with her favourite foods and drinks, hoping to liven up her mood. It wasn't that she was ungrateful for their efforts, she truly appreciated it, however, it wasn't the same.

So, with strenuous effort, she picked herself up off the couch with the aid of crutches and limped her way to the kitchen. It was a familiar territory for Ryujin, but navigating it with a broken leg and bruises trailing all along her spine proved to be a new challenge.

She leaned her crutches against the counter and carefully hopped over to the fridge, trying to balance herself on one foot. With a determined expression, she opened the fridge and began to gather ingredients to make a simple kimchi fried rice- some vegetables, kimchi and meat. As she placed the items on the counter, the throbbing pain in her leg began to grow. But she had to persevere.

Balancing the pan in one hand and her crutches in the other, Ryujin managed to hobble over to the stove. She turned on the burner and placed the pan on it, waiting for it to heat up. As she poured a bit of oil and threw the meat on, she couldn't help but notice that her movements were slower and more difficult than usual.

Finally, she managed to plate her meal- an attempt at kimchi fried rice with very crispy meat. Ryujin internally congratulated herself for a job well down, and slowly made her way to the dining table. The bowl of rice slipped from her hand as her weight shifted unevenly on the crutches, she stumbled and fell to the ground. The sound of the bowl scattering as it hit the floor echoed in the room. She winced as sharp pain jolted throughout her whole body.

Lying there on the floor, she took a deep breath as her heart raced from the sudden fall. All her hard work, all for nothing. She couldn't do a simple task without fucking it up. Ryujin shuffled herself to the counter and leaned against the wall for support.

She was defeated.

Her frustration was palpable, her fists clenched in an attempt to hold back her emotions. She stared blankly at the spilled rice on the floor, a sense of helplessness washed over her.

Moments passed, and the minutes flew by faster than Ryujin could process. The front door opened with a cheerful Yeji holding a bag of snacks for her girlfriend. As she walked into the kitchen, she immediately noticed Ryujin sitting on the floor with glass and rice scattered all over the floor.