seven.

The rain soaked through their clothes, Yeji gripped Ryujin's back, bracing herself from the stinging against her skin. Ryujin persisted with her maneuvers through the traffic, frequently looking back to see the other four women closing the gap between them.

The sound of the pursuing motorcycles reverberated into her heart and the adrenaline streamed through her veins. Ryujin turned the accelerator down harder with an extra burst of speed as she expertly maneuvered through the maze of cars and pedestrians, trying to widen the distance.

As soon as she had no sight of the group, she took a sharp turn into a dark alley and killed her headlights. Ryujin turned back to face the road and watched the four bright lights flash past them. She rested her head on the handlebars, finally taking her much-needed breath of air.

"What the fuck was that?" Yeji said, also catching her breath. She unwrapped herself from the dark-haired woman's waist and leaned back a little.

Ryujin propped the motorbike up and hopped off, "A joyride."

The cat-eyed woman swallowed hard and watched the other walk out of the alley, "And now where are you going?"

She ignored her question and walked to the nearby convenience store. After hiding her knives in her jacket pocket, she wandered over to the alcohol section to get some drinks for the study session happening at her apartment.

A sharp jolt of pain surged along her pain as she reached for one of the soju bottles. She gripped her wound tightly, feeling the injury reopening.

"Shit." Ryujin whispered to herself, watching her blood drip onto the floor.

In pure desperation, she took off one of her gloves and slid it into her sleeve to attempt to temporarily stop the bleeding. It worked, but she knew she had to go home as soon as possible.

She blindly picked a few soju bottles and a bottle of coke before rushing over to the cashier to pay, hoping the worker didn't notice the trail of red that followed her.

After the bottles were bagged up, she ran out of the store and back into the alley. Ryujin stopped in her tracks. Yeji sat on the motorbike, illuminated by the slow glow of the night sky. The rain subsided, leaving a glistening sheen on her pale skin.

Yeji's presence transcended the ordinary. her beauty radiating under the warm, gentle streetlight. The damp strands of hair clung to her cheek, highlighting her delicate features. Ryujin couldn't help but be captivated by the sight before her, a moment frozen in time.

The cat-eyed woman turned over to the star-struck woman, "Took you long enough, I thought you left me. I was about to steal your bike and sell it on eBay."

Ryujin's awe was quickly stripped away, "Whatever."

"You did cost me my umbrella and now my clothes are soaked." Yeji playfully said, shuffling back as Ryujin hopped back on the bike.

She hung the plastic bag onto the handlebars and started the engine, "You are not stealing my bike."

-

-

-

Yeji held the plastic bag of drinks as they walked up the flight of stairs. As the adrenaline died down, all the aches and pain from her wound and bruises all along Ryujin's body began to set in. She held the railing tightly, trying to hide the pain surfacing on her face.

"Are you okay?" The photographer asked, looking back down at the woman gripping onto the metal tightly.

Ryujin clenched her jaw tightly and walked past the worried woman. Yeji creased her forehead and followed after.