fifteen.

The leader paced back and forth in the base, anger boiling inside her. The disappearance of her team raised questions of whether they were loyal to her, even when she forbade them to come in contact with Ryujin.

As the door opened, Karina grabbed the nearest chair beside her and threw it at the wall beside the women as they walked in.

"You all disobeyed my order." She screamed at the top of her lungs.

The three girls cowered with their heads down, avoiding eye contact with her.

Giselle hesitatingly looked back up, "We're sorry-"

"No. Stop." Karina raised her hand, silencing her immediately. "Where were you all?"

They all kept their mouths shut, knowing how furious their leader was.

Suddenly, a burst of boisterous laughter erupted into the room. The three other women quickly looked at Karina, letting out a cackle.

"So, you guys went after her." She said with a serious tone.

"Yes." The hacker said softly.

"By the look of your faces, you all failed?"

"Yes..." She replied again. "But we took out Isa."

She focused her sight on Ningning. "I'm sorry, what?"

"We saw her there talking to Ryujin, so we eliminated her." Winter finally spoke up.

"Uh huh." Karina placed her hands on the table and shook her head. "We'll deal with this in the morning, go to bed. All of you."

Giselle and Ningning obeyed and made their way back into their rooms, as for Winter, she slowly walked over to her partner.

She stood beside the leader and extended her hand out to place on her back, "Love, I'm sorry-"

Karina swatted away her hand, "You too, Minjeong."

Winter took a step back, staring at her in disbelief before turning away from her. As she was in front of her bedroom door, she looked over her shoulder.

"Our task is to eliminate her, Jimin." She placed her fingers on the doorknob. "You're too obsessed."

As the door shut with a click, Karina slammed her fists on the table and her jaw clenched hard.

She needed to make Ryujin suffer the way she did to her.

-

-

-

Guilt was a new emotion that she had experienced. In her youth, hurting her peers or manipulating them at her bidding never fazed her, people were merely things that she could control and the pain they endured from her never affected her. But since Yeji's father's death, everything had changed.

She began rethinking all her past actions, and how it was all coming back to haunt her. Her mind felt like it was being spliced into two; a part of her wanted to continue to wreak havoc on people who deserved it, but another part of her was suffering the consequences.

After she got home, her clothes dripping with rain and blood, she went straight into her bedroom. She got changed from her attire and washed herself off from the woman's blood and her own. As she threw herself back into her soft mattress, the photo was held between her fingers as she observed the little girl.

Ryujin couldn't shake the feeling that she inadvertently changed the trajectory of her life. She placed the photo into her bedside drawer and shut her eyes, hoping to put the whole event behind her.