thirty six.

In the days and weeks that followed, the grief continued to fester inside Ryujin, taking root inside her. She found refuge in solitude, often retreating to her room where she felt the pain of Chaeryeong's absence most acutely.

Yuna regularly attended physical therapy sessions with Lia to regain the strength back in her legs. It was difficult enough to lose the love of her life, but to partake in therapy to regain mobility was almost too much to handle. Though, she was grateful to have Yuna's presence beside her, silently cheering her on.

Yeji spent her days sitting out in the living room, waiting for her girlfriend to make her appearance, which was only twice a day. She would cook up some of Ryujin's comfort food and leave it outside her room, discreetly watching her quickly snatch the bowl of food from a small crack of her door.

Some nights, she would lean beside the door, wishing that Ryujin would let her in. She wanted to see her, to be a shoulder to lean on or a hand to hold. But she understood that grief had no timeline and that everyone coped in their own way.

As Ryujin's healing process continued in a linear path, her nights were illuminated by the soft glow of the LED lights of her laptop. Even in the solitude of her bedroom, she couldn't escape the relentless torment of the outside world.

- - -

Did the Black Card make their return?

Article by 백이진 (Baek Yijin)

Seoul has been left in shock and mourning following the untimely death of a promising young medical graduate, Lee Chaeryeong. Police reports had shown that Chaeryeong, along with her friend, who is also a medical graduate, was taken hostage in a bankrupt accounting firm building. When police arrived, they were shocked to find dozens of mercenaries scattered along the hallways. Law enforcement was unsure of the women's involvement with the underbelly of crime, however, the tragedy is deeply saddening for the public.

Chaeryeong was a bright and compassionate young woman, whose dream was to become a doctor and contribute to the betterment of society. Her dedication to her studies led her to become one of the top students in her cohort at the leading medical school in Seoul. Colleagues who studied beside her claimed that she was one of the most passionate and caring students that they had encountered.

"It was truly a brutal loss for us all. We have lost a doctor with a huge potential to save countless lives in our society. I will always miss her and her kindness towards not only me but other students in our class." A classmate of Lee Chaeryeong stated.

The Mysterious 'Black Card'

After several months since the Black Card's disappearance, the shadow of the infamous Serial Killer cast a dark cloud on Chaeryeong's tragic passing. Although no concrete evidence has been presented to support the Killer's involvement, it did not deter many from speculating that the 'Black Card' may have played a role in the events leading to Chaeryeong's demise.

As often as there are cases of tragic and unexplained deaths, rumours and speculations abound to occur. Many 'internet sleuths' begun to connect the dots, piecing together a narrative that, while lacking evidence, fuels suspicions that Chaeryeong's death may have been orchestrated by an individual tied to the 'Black Card'.

 Many 'internet sleuths' begun to connect the dots, piecing together a narrative that, while lacking evidence, fuels suspicions that Chaeryeong's death may have been orchestrated by an individual tied to the 'Black Card'