thirty one.

As time passed, Ryujin's injuries healed, and she found herself growing stronger each day. The cast on her leg became a distant memory, and she was once again able to move freely without crutches. But even as her body mended, there were moments when she still experienced lingering pain.

In those moments, she lay on the couch, clenching her eyes and jaw tightly as the waves of throbbing pain in her leg washed over her. Whenever the pain resurfaced, Yeji was there to offer a soft touch, a warm embrace or simply to be by her side as she battled through the pain.

Ryujin rested her head comfortably on Yeji's lap, her gaze fixed on the TV as they watched 'John Wick'. The room was illuminated by only the soft glow of the screen, flickering shadows on them. The sensation of Yeji's fingers gently brushed through the hitman's dark hair, massaging her scalp as they watched the action-packed movie.

When the scene of John Wick roaring through the streets on his motorbike unfolded on the TV screen, a pang of longing gripped Ryujin's heart. Her eyes were fixed on the intense action, but her mind wandered to her own motorbike- the rush of wind against her face, the thrill of the open road, the feeling of freedom.

"You miss your bike, don't you?" Yeji asked as she noticed the wistful expression on her girlfriend's face.

The dark-haired woman nodded on her lap, a bittersweet smile tugging at her lips. "A lot."

The photographer used her thumb to rub her shoulder, "Are you considering about getting a new bike?"

"Maybe..."

"I think you should."

Ryujin shifted from the screen, laying on her back to see Yeji, "You think so?"

"It's a quintessential part of who you are. And cause you look so fucking hot on one." Yeji's eyes sparkled as she poked her girlfriend's nose. "But it's honestly up to you."

Her lips curled into a smile, "Well... Are you busy tomorrow?"

"Not at all."

"Let's go shopping." Ryujin announced, poking Yeji's dimple on her cheek.

-

-

-

The couple stepped into the bustling motorbike dealership, their eyes scanning the array of sleek and powerful vehicles on display. The scent of leather and gasoline hung in the air as they walked passed the displays.

A worker approached them with a friendly smile. "Hello! Is there a particular type of bike you're looking for?"

Yeji took a glance at Ryujin, who was still carefully analysing the bike in front of her, before looking back at the worker. "She's looking for a bike, any recommendations?"

"Are you looking for a sports bike? Any particular brands? Are you riding for short or long distances?" The worker continued her long list of questions causing the photographer (who was completely oblivious) to internally panic and tug at her sleeve.

Without looking back at the worker, she answered nonchalantly, "Something that's powerful and agile, but also comfortable for long rides with a passenger."

The saleswoman nodded, "We have a range of options that might suit your preferences. Let me show you."

As the worker walked off, Ryujin stayed in her spot, still looking at the bike in front of her. Yeji rolled her eyes and practically dragged her girlfriend to follow after.

They followed the woman through the showroom, Ryujin's eyes carefully observing the machines in front of her. Each bike seemed the have its own personality, its own distinct characteristic that made it stand out.