four.

"Photography blurs the boundary between authenticity and illusion. A photograph captures a real moment in time, expressing authenticity and truth. Though, on another hand, it could be a constructed image; subjected to manipulation, framing and editing, forcing us to question the reliability of the photograph."

The lecturer turned around to his class of eager students- all taking notes in their notebooks, writing down each crucial point. Sticking out like a sore thumb, a brown-haired woman lay asleep on her desk with her hoodie covering her face.

"Hwang Yeji." He called out into the silent room.

She immediately shot right up and stood beside her desk. All her classmates turned around to the young woman with a slight grin and snicker.

"Since you're awake now, care to explain the significance of framing?" The middle-aged lecturer asked, playing with his whiteboard marker.

Yeji looked at the floor, "Framing a photograph shapes the viewer's perception and interpretation by including or excluding certain elements in the picture."

She looked back at the lecturer, "Selective framing can influence how the viewer perceives the subject and context, allowing them to create their own narrative. Blurring the line between reality and the photographer's intention."

Loud footsteps and conversations became louder outside their room, alerting them that their lesson was over. The lecturer nodded in satisfaction with Yeji's answer and reminded everyone of the final assignment that they must hand in before the semester was over.

The cat-eyed woman packed up her belongings and left the room before the teacher could scold her for falling asleep. With her backpack slung over one shoulder, she stepped out into the halls of the university swirling with students hurrying to go home.

As she approached the university gates, Yeji paused for a moment to take in the cool night air. She never expected to reach her last year of studying, it was all surreal. Yeji reached into her pocket to take out her car keys and unlocked the door.

A few of her classmates expressed their goodbyes before she got into her car. Once she locked her doors, she let out an exasperated sigh and rested her forehead on the steering wheel. Her mind was still reeling from the previous night, and how death didn't want her.

-

-

-

In the dark bedroom, the only source of light was from the moon beaming onto the pull-up bars in the corner. Ryujin found solace in physical activities, it was a release- a way to channel her energy and improve her health.

Stripped down to her sports bra and shorts, she approached the 'all-in-one trainer' and took a moment to steady her breath. Ryujin reached up and wrapped her hand around the cold metal. With a quiet grunt, her body suspended mid-air with her biceps and back muscles engaged.

Ryujin's breathing grew deeper with each repetition, sweat began to drip down her prominent biceps and down her highly defined back. She relished in the burn coursing throughout her body, empowered with her strength and determination.

As she completed her last pull-up, she descended back down with grace. Ryujin threw herself back onto her bed, catching her breath. Her hand unconsciously wandered for her phone to check the time.

After a few minutes, she picked herself up and took a quick shower. Her muscles relaxed beneath the warm water, as the sweat was washed away. She stepped out of the shower and stood in front of the mirror. A small grin appeared on her lips when she saw her abs appear with each breath.

By some miracle, Ryujin managed to get dressed and drove to Chaeryeong's medical school. She leaned on the hood of the car with an unlit cigarette between her lips.