sixteen.

TW.

They stepped foot into Ryujin's bedroom, fulfilled from their first date. Ryujin walked to her closet and gave Yeji a set of sleepwear for her to get changed. The cat-eyed woman smiled as she received the clothing, she secretly loved wearing her clothes. It gave her a sense of security and comfort for when they were apart.

As Ryujin removed her shirt, Yeji's eyes inadvertently fell upon the scars along Ryujin's back. She instinctively looked away, feeling a rush of emotions that she couldn't pinpoint. Sensing discomfort coming from Yeji, Ryujin quickly picked up her pyjama shirt and put it on.

"The bathroom is over there." She said, pointing at the second door on the other side of the door.

Yeji swiftly retreated into the bathroom, trying to calm herself down from the sudden surge of emotions that had washed over her. She immediately changed into sleepwear as she tried to ground herself and regain her composure. Her hand gripped the doorknob, she took another deep breath to clear her mind.

As Yeji emerged from the bathroom, Ryujin stood up from the edge of the bed.

"Sorry-" The dark-haired woman was interrupted by a tight embrace from Yeji.

"Don't." Yeji simply replied, holding her tighter.

They stood in silence for a while, unspoken words exchanged with the room only lit by the bedside lamp.

Ryujin pulled away from Yeji, "I'll sleep on the couch tonight."

The cat-eyed woman laughed lightly before lifting the blanket, gesturing for her to get in bed with her. She nodded and got in, and Yeji followed after. Once the covers were over them, the warmth of their bodies radiated between them.

Yeji switched off the lights before intertwining her fingers with Ryujin's.

"Goodnight, Ryu." She said before snuggling into the crook of her neck.

-

-

-

Deep in their peaceful slumber, they held each other tightly. The room was cloaked in a gentle ambience, the soft glow of the moonlight filtering through the shutters. As if she were drawn by a supernatural force, Ryujin nestled herself closer, resting her head gently on Yeji's shoulder.

For the first time in forever, she was able to sleep peacefully. With Yeji by her side, she could feel every touch and each breath which constantly reminded her that she had found her solace.

A piercing scream shattered the tranquil night, Ryujin immediately shot up from Yeji's side and sprinted out of the room. As she left her bedroom, Chaeryeong followed closely after her.

"Again?" The blue-haired woman asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

The dark-haired woman nodded and reached for the doorknob, "Shit."

"It's locked?" Chaeryeong exclaimed while trying to open the door.

Another deafening scream came from the other side of the door just when Yeji and Lia arrived.

Yeji looked over at Chaeryeong who was still trying to open the door, "What is going on?"

Ryujin gestured for her best friend to move aside as she used her body weight to try to break the door.

"Yuna has been having night terrors recently." The blue-haired woman replied, trying to keep calm.

The younger Shin sister let out another pained scream, increasing the urgency to get to her as soon as possible.