eleven.

The tow truck rumbled through the streets; the driver informed them that the car would be taken in for repairs. Ryujin leaned on the window, losing herself in the passing streetlights. The glow cast fleeting shadows across her face. Her breathing hitched when Yeji leaned on her shoulder, dozing off from exhaustion.

Conflicting emotions tugged at her heart, a constant reminder of the irreversible act she committed. The weight of her secret grew heavier. Yeji groaned a little as the tow truck ran over a speed bump. Ryujin smiled a little, moving herself closer to the other for more support.

As the tow truck rolled to a stop in front of Yeji's studio apartment, she turned to see Yeji still asleep on her shoulder.

With a heavy sigh, she whispered in her ear. "Yeji, wake up."

Yeji mumbled and leaned closer to Ryujin's neck, "I don't want to."

Ryujin quickly glanced over to the driver who was waiting impatiently for them to leave and gave him a sheepish smile. She opened the door and slowly stepped out and carried the cat-eyed woman in a bridal carry.

After thanking the driver, she made her way to the entrance of the apartment building. "Are you awake yet?"

"No." Yeji glanced at the dark-haired woman with half-opened eyes.

She rolled her eyes and let Yeji down gently. After a loud yawn, she went into her pocket to fetch out her keys and opened the door.

-

-

-

As Ryujin stepped foot into Yeji's studio apartment, her eyes captured the mess. Photography equipment was scattered across the room, photos scattered across the coffee table, cameras on the couch and bottles of alcohol on the floor.

While Yeji disappeared into her bedroom, Ryujin walked around the apartment, absorbing the atmosphere. Her gaze drifted over the photographs framed on her shelves, photos of beautiful sceneries, animals, and the cityscape.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw a framed photo- Yeji's family. Ryujin's gaze lingered on the image, her heart heavy with the knowledge that she had taken Yeji's last family member, altering the course of her life forever.

Yeji returned with a set of warm clothes for Ryujin. "I can sleep on the couch tonight."

"No, it's okay. I'll sleep here." Ryujin replied while taking off her jacket.

The photographer immediately noticed the bandage wrapped around the other's arm, "What happened?"

She glanced down at her arm and shrugged, "Nothing major."

"It's bleeding through, let me rebandage it."

Before Ryujin could stop her, Yeji sped into her bedroom to grab her supplies and came back out, ordering her to sit at the dining table.

Yeji sat beside Ryujin, gently taking a hold the of her arm. She carefully unwrapped her arm, revealing the stitches and the dried blood surrounding it.

"Does it hurt?" She asked softly while wiping the wound with antiseptic.

Ryujin smiled a little, "No, not really."

In the midst of their shared silence, the tenderness and concern that emanated from Yeji brought her solace. As Yeji skilfully rebandaged the wound, Ryujin took her hand.

"Thank you, Yeji."

The cat-eyed woman gave a soft, reassuring smile, "You need to be more careful, Ryujin."

She got up from the dining table and threw the supplies into the trash, "Hot chocolate?"

Ryujin nodded and spotted a tall, red candle in the centre of the dining table. She reached into her pocket and alighted a flame, lighting the candle.