twenty five.

"Could you pass me the drink?" The driver asked, her eyes focused on the road as she blindly reached for the energy can that Lia handed to her.

For the second day of their vacation, they hired a spacious four-wheel drive for their road trip to the west. Ryujin gripped the steering wheel with confidence, hiding the fact that she was weary about driving on unfamiliar roads.

As she took a large gulp of the drink, she handed it back to Lia and lowered her sunglasses down over her eyes. The wind tousled her hair as the car sped along the highway. The blonde sat in the passenger seat, with her phone in hand, ensuring they stayed on the right route. She occasionally gasped in awe at the scenery they were passing or pointed out places they might want to stop along the way.

In the back seats, Chaeryeong rested her head on the window, taking a long nap to pass the time. As for Yuna and Yeji, they gorged on some sweets they purchased from a secluded candy store in the middle of nowhere.

The cityscape faded into lush greenery, and the air seemed to clear up with freshness that they couldn't get in the urban areas. She stole a quick glance at Yeji in the rearview mirror, watching her stuff her mouth with lollies as she looked out the window. Ryujin's grip on the steering wheel relaxed slightly, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

After some time, the road trip led them to the Blue Mountains with nature's grandeur greeting them with towering cliffs, dense eucalyptus forests and the mesmerizing hues of the mountain's haze.

"You can pull over there." Lia pointed to a parking lot beside the lookout, which Ryujin followed.

The dark-haired woman turned off the engine and the car's hum was replaced by the rustling of leaves and distant calls of native birds. Yuna turned over to the sleeping med student and nudged her, waking her up to take in the beautiful scenery. The group stepped out and immediately took in the breathtaking panoramic view that stretched out before them.

Yeji, camera in hand, was captivated by the natural beauty surrounding her. She moved with grace, capturing magical moments with every click of the shutter. Yuna, like an out of control five-year-old, immediately ran to the railing to take in the view causing Lia and Chaeryeong to chase after her.

Ryujin slowly wandered over to the photographer, lighting up a cigarette on the way and handed it over to her.

"I can't wait to post this!" Yeji said ecstatically, taking the cigarette from Ryujin and placing it between her lips.

"And I can't wait to get back into the car." She zipped up her jacket and walked alongside Yeji to the rest of the group.

As they all stood at the edge of the lookout, Ryujin fixed her gaze on the horizon, watching the shadows play across the landscape. The group immersed themselves in the natural wonder of the mountains. With the sound of the wind, the scent of the eucalyptus and the company of the people she cared for, all the muscles in her body were able to relax.

Soon, they arrived at a cozy cabin overlooking the 'Three Sisters'; a rock formation that was deemed to be Katoomba's most spectacular landmark. The cabin stood nestled among tall trees, which made it a challenge for the group to navigate through.

Inside the cabin, a warm and inviting atmosphere welcomed them. The rustic wooden interior exuded a comforting environment, with comfortable furniture and large windows that framed stunning views of the mountains.

Yeji and Yuna immediately gravitated toward the windows, in hopes of capturing the essence of the landscape. Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Lia settled in the living area, recharging their energy before heading back into town.