twenty seven.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Yeji asked as she finished up her eggs benedict and slumped on the backrest, patting her stomach.

The pleasant aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the cafe, the most ideal way to start their day. Though, it was the afternoon and they struggled to get themselves out of bed after binge-watching an emotional kdrama.

Ryujin paused for a moment, taking a sip of her coffee before responding. "I need to go pick up some stuff." She placed the mug back on the table, "Actually, I think it's better for me to go alone."

"Why?" Yeji furrowed and leaned on the table, confused. "Where are you going?"

The hitman sighed, carefully picking her words, "I left my stuff behind at my old apartment, so I need to go get some... weapons."

The photographer's eyebrows shot up in surprise, "Weapons? What for?" Yeji leaned in closer, her voice dropping down to a whisper, "Are you killing again?"

Ryujin shook her head, biting the side of her mouth, "I'm not, but I have to take precautions." She took a deep breath, "I can't let them get to you, or the others. So I need to be prepared."

"Let me come." She said, her voice steady, placing her hand on top of Ryujin's. "I want to see what you do."

No. This was her world, one that she didn't want her to be involved in. The thought of having Yeji a part of the dangerous world she was living in made her heart race.

"Ryujin, I promise that I won't leave your side. I just want to take a glimpse." Yeji smiled affirmatively, her thumb caressing the bumps of her knuckles.

"Fine." The hitman breathed out anxiously, "The moment that there is danger, you follow me. Okay?"

Yeji held two fingers up to her temple with a childish grin, "Yes ma'am."

-

-

-

"Yeji, stick with me. And don't say a word, understood?"

"Gotcha."

Ryujin tapped her knuckles against the rusted metal door of the dilapidated warehouse. The sound echoed through the desolate building, raising fear and uncertainty for the cat-eyed woman.

"Maybe I should just wait here." Yeji whispered into Ryujin's ear, feeling her confident facade drift away.

"Too late, I can't leave you out here-"

The door creaked open, revealing a burly guard in worn clothing. His eyes swept over Ryujin and Yeji, and a hint of suspicion flashed across his face. "Joanne."

The hitman nodded, "Just here to pick up my package."

"Who's this?" The guard grumbled, nodding towards Yeji who stood a few feet behind the dark-haired woman. "Haven't seen her around before."

Ryujin's voice was steady as she replied, "Don't worry about her, she's with me."

At her words, Yeji stepped slightly forward, offering a shy wave as a small tentative smile tugged at her lips. "Hi."

The hitman quickly looked over her shoulder, surprised and slightly annoyed that Yeji didn't follow her instructions. The guard exchanged a quick glance with Ryujin before stepping aside to allow them entry. As they walked past the man, Yeji waved him a sheepish farewell before following her girlfriend.

"You're like a child, Yeji." Ryujin mumbled, holding her hand as they navigated through the halls. "Stay close."

The interior of the warehouse was a whole new world for Yeji. Dimly lit, it seemed to exude an aura of secrecy and hidden dealings. The pungent scent of metal and sweat lingered in the air as they eventually made it to the main room. The hum of machinery and the loud banging of metal against metal filled the air. Ryujin's grip on Yeji's hand tightened, navigating through the maze of equipment and tools.