fourteen.

Her eyes shot wide open as she was jolted awake from her nightmare. With her hand pressed against her chest, she tried to control her ragged breath, slowing her heart rate down.

Once she calmed down, she reached over to her bedside table and picked up her phone to check the time.

11 pm.

Taking another deep breath, she swung her legs off the bed, mentally preparing herself for what was to come. The hitman cracked her neck from side to side with loud pops with each movement.

After changing into her work attire- a black leather jacket and cargo pants that held all her essentials. She walked to the mirror with a mask in hand.

Ryujin stared at herself in the mirror, reassuring herself that she would be okay, and that everything was going to go according to plan. She was going to find the answers she needed to ensure she could keep her life and Yeji's life safe.

Once she was prepared, she put on the mask and walked out of the room. Treading carefully, she made sure not to wake any of the other people sleeping in the apartment. Her hands gripped the cold doorknob, she prayed she would make it back home safely.

-

-

-

The Honda CB650R rolled to a stop outside the accounting firm that she knew all too well. She raised her mirror-tinted visor and investigated the building that stood as a ghost town from the massacre she committed.

Once the area was cleared of any danger, she hopped off the bike and placed her helmet on her bike. The hitman scanned the area once again before adjusting her mask and headed into the building.

The footsteps of her combat boots echoed throughout the abandoned lobby, an eerie sensation chilled her to her bones. The further into the building she walked, the darker and less visibility she got. She reached into her jacket, lined with hidden pockets, and got out her small, compact flashlight.

The bright light shone off the walls of the building, as she looked down, she vividly remembered the men she had slain. As she made it to the elevator, thunder began to rumble. With each loud roar of lighting, the building felt as if it was alive.

She pushed the button for the elevator; surprised that there was still power. The door quickly opened for her, so she stepped in. As a small thud was heard behind her, her phone vibrated in her pocket.

[Yeji: Hey, oldie. Do you want to go out tomorrow? I have the day off and I want to spend it with you. Lunch?]

[Yeah, sure. I'll pick you up.]

The elevators in front of her opened, revealing a desolate hallway with dried blood stains all over the floor. Ryujin took a step out, alert for any signs of life on the level. The air was heavy with silence, broken only by the sound of her own breathing.

She moved cautiously into the office, her senses heightened, prepared for any attacks. Papers were strewn haphazardly across the floor, a clear attempt to erase any evidence of Yongsun's plans. The hitman looked at the window that was broken from her escape.

Undeterred, she knelt down, sifting through the documents in hopes of finding information. Time stretched as Ryujin combed through the remnants but to no avail. She stood back up and walked to the window as she took a cigarette out of her pocket. The hitman slightly lowered her mask as she saw the dark clouds overhead, lighting the sky with lightning strikes.

As she lit up her cigarette, she came up with thousands of reasons for Yongsun's and Aespa's desperations to take her out. Why would a group of highly skilled killers want her a part of their group, what scheme had they fabricated that they would need her?