nineteen.

Karina impatiently tapped her fingers on the table as she waited for Winter to return. It had been several weeks since their argument, she would wake up to an empty spot that her girlfriend once occupied. Each word and gesture was etched painfully into her memory, no matter how much alcohol she consumed to wash it all away.

The door suddenly opened, startling the distracted leader. Her hopes drifted away as she realised that it was Giselle coming through the entrance.

"Ugh, I'm tired." She groaned out as she slumped on the chair opposite Karina, placing her backpack on the table.

"What's the progress?" Karina asked, placing her hand palm down on the table.

"I think they accepted me into their group, but fuck, my head hurts from studying about the skeletal system." Giselle looked up to the ceiling with a sigh, "Did you know that the skull is made up of 22 bones-"

"I don't care." The leader said emotionlessly, taking a sip of whiskey.

"Winter didn't reply back?" She said, somewhat worried about her well-being.

Karina shook her head and placed the glass back on the table. "We'll just continue without her."

Giselle's lips formed a thin line as she nodded, "Did you tell Yongsun yet?"

She once again shook her head, "I've only told him that we have sent the files over to Yeji and that we'll proceed with killing Ryujin soon."

-

-

-

In the dimly lit room, Ryujin's gaze fixated on the flickering images on the TV screen, but her mind was clouded by guilt. Weeks had passed since the painful confrontation with Yeji, and Ryujin had isolated herself, wallowing in the remorse that gnawed at her.

Her appetite was diminished, only surviving on kimbaps that she brought in old, hole-in-the-wall food stalls near her apartment. Her body was showing the toll of the emotional turmoil she was enduring- her skin became transparent, her veins revealed itself through the surface, and her bones protruded out, making her appear as a living corpse.

As sat there on the couch, the room seemed to close in around her. The walls held echoes of her past that made it impossible for her to escape the memories that had led her to that point.

Beside her, her phone occasionally received notifications coming from all she trusted with her life. Messages lit up the screen that she was afraid to read, the fear of what they might say paralysed her from reaching out.

The messages continued to pile up, and Ryujin wrestled with her emotions. She knew she couldn't hide forever, but she couldn't bear to face them.

She just couldn't.

With weak legs beneath her, she slowly got up from the couch, feeling lightheaded. She had forgotten the last time she had eaten. Ryujin picked up her jacket and put on her mask from the couch and headed out of the apartment.

She stepped outside into the cool night air, and with her hands balled up inside her jacket, she briskly walked to the nearby shop. The convenience store's neon lights cast a pale glow on the wet pavement as she headed inside.

A couple of people occupied the store, all with baskets in hand and fetching their essentials. Ryujin quickly walked around the shelves, picking up a couple of snacks- including the snack that reminded her of Yeji. She stood in the aisle for a moment, reminiscing in Yeji's addictive grin as she munched on the bag of chips.

Ryujin found herself letting her lips curl into a soft smile as she threw the snack into her basket. After acquiring her food, she headed over to the counter and placed it in front of the cashier. As she took out her card, the cashier immediately stopped her.

Saved Me; Ryeji FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें