three.

She sat on her best friend's bed practising her cardistry as the other raked her brain completing a mock exam. Less than a week had passed since her last target so she spent the majority of her time watching Chaeryeong mumble profanities and pulling her scalp.

With a black deck in her left hand, she squeezed the sides of the cards and caused the cards to fly to her other hand in a smooth flow.

"Ryu."

Her hands moved in a fluid grace, fingers mindlessly manipulating the deck. With each shuffle, cut, and flourish, the cards came alive in her hands.

"Ryujin."

Her eyes sparkled with focus, creating stunning visuals as she fanned out the cards. Her movements were deliberate, yet seemingly effortless with loud snaps and audible clicks and pops.

"Ryujin!! I'm trying to study!!" Chaeryeong yelled out of frustration and spun her seat around with her arms crossed.

She carefully cut the deck to perform more flourishes, "Then study."

"God, you're insufferable." The medical student groaned out as she faced her text papers again.

"My name is Ryujin."

Annoyed and stressed, she got up from her desk and grabbed her best friend by the collar. "Ryujin, I will kill you if you don't get out of my room."

There weren't many things in the world that Ryujin was scared of. But Chaeryeong was definitely one of them.

She held her hands up in defeat which prompted the medical student to let go. The dark-haired woman got up from the bed and straightened her shirt. But before she left, she needed to leave a parting gift. She walked over to Chaeryeong's desk and picked up a pencil.

"Don't you fucking dare-"

Ryujin scribbled on the page and ran out of the bedroom before Chaeryeong could attack her.

Now with her source of entertainment gone, she stood in the apartment without a single clue how to keep herself occupied. A part of her wanted to go back into her friend's bedroom to annoy her further but she knew that Chaeryeong wouldn't hesitate to smother her with a pillow.

Ryujin slowly wandered back into her bedroom and plopped onto her bed. She took her laptop from the foot of the bed and logged into her the dark web to find any new contracts.

After a few minutes of scrolling, she came across a well-paying contract.

Name: Hwang Yeji
Age: 22
Occupation: Photography student
Reward: ₩₩₩

There was no motive or reasoning for the contract which left the hitman confused. She made a promise to her best friend that she wouldn't take an innocent life. But the money was alluring for her.

Ryujin closed her laptop and groaned in her hands, trying to fight the temptation of accepting the contract.

"Fuck it."

-

-

-

As per the contract and a little investigating, she decided to scout out her next target. Ryujin sat on the park bench with a book in hand and a cup of coffee beside her. She lowered her cap down a little to stay hidden from any lingering eyes.

A gentle breeze rustled through the leaves of the nearby trees, creating a soothing symphony. The warm rays of the afternoon sun bounced off her white and milky skin, filling her with a sense of tranquillity.