Chapter 22

Xin's POV

Veronica still hasn't come out of her room. It's been three hours since I told her the truth. I was getting so anxious. What if she hates me now? Did my demon form gave her a fright? Will she leave me too?

I was in my room, pacing back and forth. What am I gonna do if she leaves me?

"Relax, woman. She won't leave you."

"How are you so sure about that?"

"Because she has a sister complex with you. She's an obsessed elder sister. If you ever allow incest, I'm sure you'll jump on her." Seraph laughed like an insane person.

"Shut up, pervert demon!" I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't we go out again?"

"You just want to enjoy yourself. Sorry, but I ain't doing that."

"You just enjoyed it last night. I know you loved the women who were ogling at you at the bar. Why don't you call Sally, the boss? She made a promise to you, remember?"

Come to think of it, I have almost forgotten about her. I looked for her calling card. It was in the side pocket of my jeans. I saved her number on my mobile phone and dialed it. Sally immediately answered my call.

"Is that you, Xin?" Sally's excited voice boomed in my ear.

"How did you know?" I smiled at her childish squeal on the phone.

"I've been waiting for the whole day for your call. I have news for you."

"And what could it be?"

"I talked to Cynthia during lunch time. I listened to her, just like you told me."

"And? What's your decision?"

"I told her that if she really wants to get me back, then, we must start over as companions."

"Companion? Not as a friend?" I frowned.

"Yes, as a companion. How could I be a friend to someone who has hurt me a lot? At least I gave her a chance if she's really serious about me...but I wasn't expecting anything from her."

"Oh..that would be a nice decision then."

"But anyways, when can we meet again? I'll tell you the details."

"I'll just send you an sms. I just called to check up on you. I'll call you next time, okay? I have to go." I ended the call and laid on my bed.

"That was fast."

"I'm not in the mood for you right now, Seraph."

Seraph laughed again. "I'm hungry..."

"I just ate. Stop making me fat." I groaned and hugged my pillow.

"Not an actual food, idiot!"

"Just mastubate there. Don't make me a slut."

Seraph grunted and stamped her foot. I just smirked at her. I suddenly jumped off my bed when I heard a knock on my door. I ran fast to open it.

"Hi..." Veronica said while she was fidgeting. She didn;t meet my eyes.

"Oh, hi, Vicky." I just said. Well, this is awkward.

"I...want to apologise with the way I acted earlier." She looked down. I gestured for her to go inside my room.

I sat on my bed. "It's fine. I expected for it to happen. I, being a love demon, was really unbelievable."

"Yeah...I just have one question regarding that matter though."

I raised my eyebrow. "What is it?"

She finally met my eyes. "What does a love demon do?"

I sighed and gestured for her to sit beside me on my bed. She gladly sat beside me.

I took a deep breath and told her about Seraph. I told her everything about being a love demon, and the dirty "job."

"So...the things I've searched through the internet were all lies. I've done some research about love demons while I was in my room." Veronica shook her head.

"Not everything that you see on the internet are facts. So, don't believe everything you see on the internet." So, that was the reason she didn't go out of her room for a few hours. She was busy researching.

She held my hands and squeezed them. "Don't let other people know about this, not even Heidi. And...please stop seducing other women. You already have Amethyst, and my two idiot friends; Amara and Cherry. I don't want any more girls here fighting over you."

"Please say that to Seraph. She's the one who keeps whispering nasty things to me."

"I'm not! it's in your blood."

"Okay. Will you let her out so I can talk to her?"

"Are you sure? She is a horny demon. She might pounce on you. She doesn't even care that we're sisters." I scratched my nape. I have doubts about this stupid request.

Veronica laughed lightly and nodded. "I'm sure you'll stop her."

"Fine..." I closed my eyes as I felt defeated.

"Don't do anything stupid!" I threatened Seraph. Seraph just grinned at me. I slowly opened my eyes, as Seraph was already in control of my body.

Veronica stared at my "midnight shade" eyes.

"Why, hello there, dear sister. I'm Seraph. We've already met before but I wasn't able to introduce myself properly." Seraph had an amused smile on her face while she was looking at Veronica.

Veronica cleared her throat to avoid the effect that the demon has on her. It was like she was being hypnotized by her. "Hello, Seraph. You know why I asked Xin  to let you out, right?"

Seraph nodded while she walked in circles around Veronica. It made Veronica feel self-conscious.

"Stop doing that, pervert demon! Don't make my sister feel uncomfortable."  I yelled at Seraph.

Seraph giggled.

"P-Please stop picking up other women." Veronica started.

"Sorry, my dear sister. I can't. It's in our nature. If we stop, I might lose control of myself. Would you like to see what would transpire if I did that? The under realm will take action to stop me...worst scenario, they'll kill me."

My sister gasped. Even I am shocked at what Seraph just said. Seraph really loves to surprise me...always.

Veronica pinched her nose and inhaled. "That's...a bit surprising to hear."

"There are only a few of us, love demons here in the human world. We bear no grudges against humans. We just do what we have to do. We mean no harm to any woman. There are also love demons who only love men. Those love demons hate being with women. We all do the same things, just different genders. So...don't worry too much."

Veronica's shoulders slumped. She felt defeated. "Alright...just do it safely."

"I will my dear sister." Seraph kissed Veronica's cheeks.

In a split second, I got out and Seraph was already back inside of me.