Chapter 14

Xin's POV

I was staring at myself at the mirror. My mind was blank, my eyes widened and my mouth was wide open. My dark, black hair turned to silver. It was still so shiny and smooth. My eyes' color turned into a shade that is similar to midnight. I'm calling it midnight shade. I got taller. My body felt lighter. My muscles became more toned, my body felt stronger. I gulped when I saw black wings on my back, and...they just moved.

"This is how I look. I told you that I almost look similar to you." Seraph told me like it's nothing out of the ordinary.

"The fuck is this?! I asked you to let me see you that time that I was prepared. But now... I woke up looking like this!" Even my voice changed. It was Seraph's voice, it was deeper yet gentle.

Seraph just shrugged and laughed. "Be glad that I am not the one who is controlling your body right now. And by the way, nice to see you." Seraph laughed again.

****************************

Xin groaned and facepalmed. "You always do this to me. You always tell me important matters way too late."

"I love the reaction on your face everytime I surprise you like this. This, of course, is my revenge for what you did to me the other day, fool!."

"Well, nice revenge." Xin said while she was touching her hair. It was very long, almost reaching her butt.

To be honest, she doesn't look like a demon. She looks like an angel instead. "I thought you're ugly."

"What the fuck did you say?" Seraph's expression darkened.

Xin smirked. "Ah..you're ugly?" well duh.

"Fucking fool! the only ugly ones that exists here are the beings that are being punished because of their sins. They are so ugly that you might throw up or pass out just by seeing them. God punished them. We, demons, are like guardians , but we stay in the dark. We are honorable beings in our world. I was born when your heart started to beat. You're lucky that we are not ugly."

"Really? That was quite a speech. Quite interesting, if I may say. So, tell me. How can I revert to my original body?"

"Tsk! Just picture it on your mind. Picture your real body and focus. So easy!"

Xin rolled her eyes and closed them. Her body suddenly felt tingly. She took a deep breath and slowly opened her eyes. She sighed in relief when she saw that her normal body was back.

"I forgot to tell you that there are only a few beings like us in the human world. Only a few chosen demons can live with their human body."

"So, how many beings similar to us are in this country?"

"Just us...but, guardian angels live with the humans that they were tasked to guide. They are friendly, but they can cause harm when you try to fight them."

"Wow, guardian angels are real. That's cool."

"We are cooler than them."

"I agree." They both laughed.

************************

Veronica's POV

My eyes were following my sister while she was busy with her phone. She has been into her phone more since that night with Amethyst. It still did not sink in to me that my baby sister is not pure anymore. I miss her being clingy to me all the time after she works. I miss the sweet texts that she used to send me everyday.

************************

"Are you two dating?" Veronica asked.

"Who?" Xin asked. She looked confused.

"You and Amethyst. Who else?"

"Well, I don't know, but our feelings are mutual. Do we need to date each other?"

"Ask her, not me." Veronica grabbed her phone and pouted.

"Aww.... Why are you pouting? Are you jealous because you miss me?"

Veronica's eyes squinted. She didn't speak. Xin hit the mark. Veronica stared at her sister who was staring at her. Veronica's intense stare was making Xin uncomfortable.

"You already have Heidi, Vicky. Don't be selfish. I am at the right age for dating. Remember, this is for my own good, so I can change for the better."

Veronica sighed. "I know...but I miss you..."

"Ah...incest?"

Veronica slapped Xin's shoulder, which made Xin laugh. She was in awe as she looked at her sister who was laughing. She can never get used to hearing Xin's laugh. Sure, she loves the changes that are happening to her sister. Xin was now laughing every once in a while. It's just that there is a feeling inside her that her sister will eventually leave her side forever.

"Don't change too much, Xin. I still love you no matter what you are or what you do."

Xin's expression turned into a serious one. She walked towards Veronica and held her hands.

"Will do. I promise, and I love you too. You and grandma are the only family I have left. You're all I have." Xin then hugged Veronica.

"You two look cute together. If you're not biological sisters, I would definitely think that you are a couple." Cherry said while she was holding a bag full of groceries.

"Are you not threatened by this, Heidi?"  Amara asked. They were all holding bags that are full of groceries.

Heidi smiled. "I don't mind as long as it's Xin."

"This really is incest." Xin added, which caused everyone to laugh. "Well, call me if dinner is ready. Work is calling me."

They all stared at Xin who just left them. "They are not dating." Veronica said to Heidi.

"They are not? How come?" Heidi asked.

"Who's not dating?" Amara asked, while Cherry was also looking at them.

"Amethyst and Xin. They slept together." Veronica answered.

"Just slept, as in sleep? or slept as in naked?" Amara's eyes became wide.

"Both,naked."

Amara and Cherry gasped.

Veronica and Heidi looked at the other two who seemed shocked by the news.

"It was a good step for Xin. This is what you all want, right?" Heidi asked Cherry and Amara.

The two composed themselves and forced a smile. It made Veronica frown.

"Wait...do you like my sister?"

Amara and Cherry's face turned red.

"Oh my God!" Heidi squealed.

Veronica facepalmed. She couldn't blame them. Her sister is a chick magnet. Xin doesn't realize it, but there were a lot of girls fangirling on her when she was still in school. She just really didn't notice it because she didn't mind her surroundings. She didn't make a friend. All she cared about was studying.

Look what you've done, Xin.