Chapter 44

Oscar's POV

My shoulders were shaking, I was crying my eyes out as I was holding Kara's lifeless body. I snuggled my face on the crook of her neck. I cried and cried some more as I tightened my grip on her body. I felt all eyes on me but I didn't care. I lost her...we lost her...Kara...our Kara was gone.

Gluttony and Wrath managed to let us all escape from the fight that we couldn't win.

"Oscar..." I felt Sloth's hand tap my back.

"She's g-gone..." I choked and just let my tears flow like a river. My heartfelt like it was twisted, trying to kill me from the pain of losing a very important friend.

Sloth kneeled and hugged me from behind. "Darling...I know it hurts... but please, just be strong for her..."

"P-Please...let me be alone with her...please..." I pleaded while I was embracing Kara's cold body.

I heard a lot of unfamiliar footsteps on the way out of the room. I looked at Kara's face and I noticed that there's a lot of blood from her mouth, down to her neck. I carried her and placed her on the golden chaise longue. I stroked her hair even though my hands were trembling. My lips were quivering. I was overwhelmed by the cold and pain that I was feeling.

How can I face Sheena? How can I face everyone?

I was staring at the hole in her chest and I still couldn't believe that Xin killed her. No! She's not Xin! I could feel the darkness inside her. Xin is kind and warm. She will only kill if it is necessary if it was to protect us. I kneeled again and leaned my head on Kara's stomach.

I don't know how many hours I've stayed in that position. I didn't want to leave Kara. My brain was telling me that I needed to move on though.

"Oscar..." I heard Sloth's voice behind me.

"I'm sorry that you had to see me in this state, my queen," I said even if I felt so weak.

"It's alright, darling. It's okay to show your weakness. She is your friend... I also lost someone dear to me before...so, I understand your pain." Sloth stroked my hair. "I also lost the love of my life."

I slowly looked up to meet her gaze. "I'm sorry..."

She softly smiled and held my hands. "Come. Someone will take care of her for you."

I got up and gave Kara one last glance. Tears kept falling from my eyes and I just nodded to Sloth. Sloth brought me outside the room and I noticed that all the queens were patiently waiting for us.

We apologize for what happened... I was not able to save her." Gluttony said to me as she bowed.

"We became weak... I'm so sorry..." Wrath also bowed to me.

I forced a smile. I kneeled and bowed to all of them. "I am the one who is supposed to be apologizing to all of you, my queens. I am a weak love demon who could not even protect my friend... I believe that the one who killed her is not the real Xin. Someone really dark is inside her. I need to go back to the human world to inform them about the situation here. Everyone...is...waiting for us..."

"We understand...but you need to be back here as soon as possible. We will start formulating a feasible plan to stop our queen." Sloth said to me.

Thank you, my queen. Please, let Kara stay here for a while. I...need to bring her body there...but not now... I can only bring Kara with me after I inform them."

"We will make sure that we take care of your friend." Sloth gave me a gentle smile.

"Thank you, my queen." I slowly stood up and went out of the room. I took a deep breath and wiped my tears. I needed to get my shit together and make a portal to the human world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing outside of Xin's apartment. I think it's been two days since we left here. I could feel their energies inside the apartment, and then I slowly walked in.

"Oscar!" Veronica yelled when she saw me.

Everyone started running towards us and I forced a smile.

"We're so glad that you're back!" Hazel hugged me.

I tapped her back and looked at all of them.

"Any news about Xin?" Veronica asked me.

I saw Amethyst sitting on the couch, and she gave me a small smile. Chery was sitting next to her.

Othelia was holding Hazel's shoulders while Amara and Heidi were standing next to Veronica.

I bit my cheeks when I saw Sheena staring at me intensely.

"Wait...Where's Kara?" Amara asked when she noticed that I was alone.

"Oscar...where is Kara?" Sheena asked me. She looked weary.

I closed my eyes for a few moments and then I opened my eyes to look at them. "Kara...was killed by...Xin."

Silence filled the place. They all looked confused. They couldn't quite comprehend what I just said.

"P-Pardon?" Veronica asked, but her voice sounded weak.

I looked at Veronica. "Kara is dead. Xin killed her... We lost the fight." I got teary-eyed.

Sheena lost all of her strength and Othelia caught her. They all looked shocked and confused. They were in a state of disbelief.

Sheena began to weep in Othelia's arms, who was also crying.

"X-Xin is not herself anymore... She is not the Xin that we know. There was something sinister inside her that had awakened. Even the two queens couldn't defeat her. I, Kara, and everyone tried to stop her, but we lost...and we lost Kara... I am so sorry that I could not protect her." I looked down and let my tears fall.

"I'm sorry..." Veronica hugged me tightly. I felt her tears on my clothes.

I rubbed her back and looked at everyone. My gaze was glued to Sheena who was crying loudly. Sadness and despair were lurking inside our hearts. We all felt the same pain. We lost someone important to us...but I know that it is more painful for Sheena. Losing the one that you love is the most heartbreaking thing in the world.

"I'm sorry..." I said again.

Veronica let go of me as she wiped her tears. They were all crying because of losing two important people from our lives.

"It's not anyone else's fault... It's the one inside Xin who is at fault here." Veronica said through gritted teeth.

"I'm afraid that I have to take my leave now. I need to go back there. The queens are already starting to formulate a plan to stop Xin. I'm so sorry..."

"I will go with you," Othelia said, but Hazel grabbed her arms and shook her head.

"Me too..." Veronica added.

"No. You can't go to hell, Veronica." I said to her. "You are still a human."

Veronica didn't respond.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Amethyst asked as she wiped her tears.

"Othelia will stay here and I will go with you," Sheena said even if her tears were still falling from her eyes.

"I-I need to see her... I need to see Kara..."

"You can't..."

"Please, Oscar. It's my fault. She told me that she loves me but I couldn't give her an answer... I was scared...and I don't even know why I'm scared for nothing. I love her too! I fucking love her too...but I didn't give her an answer." She looked hurt but she still managed to smile at me. "It's all my fault." Sheena started screaming and crying again. Othelia hugged her and stopped her from trying to hurt herself.

"Stop! Please, stop!" Hazel hugged her too.

I was standing in front of women who all looked broken. I couldn't say anything. They love them, they all know how it feels to fall in love with someone...while here I am...still couldn't find the one for me... All I could feel was pain from losing a precious friend.