Chapter 9

After the meeting, Blair asked for Xin's contact information. Blair deemed it necessary to have Xin's contact information so that she could call her if she would ever need Xin's help again. Blair and Quinn also kept asking Xin about a lot of things. They asked Xin if she was dating someone, or if she likes someone. There were a lot of times that Xin looked at her grandmother, pleading for her to be saved from Blair and Quinn's "interrogation." Chelsea just let them be, though. Xin was so amused with the two women. Even Seraph loved their company. Seraph also kept on telling Xin to flirt with them. Yes, Seraph is indeed a pervert demon. It's just that Seraph was in denial.

She finally got home after a long day. She felt exhausted and lay on her bed to rest. Is she into older women? Xin's being attracted to older women must have been Seraph's doing.

Xin's phone rang. She answered it even without checking the caller ID.

"Hi, Xin." Amara greeted.

"Oh...hi?"

"I got your number from your sister. She asked me to go to your apartment. Will that be okay with you?"

Xin got up from her bed. "It's fine. Why?"

"She asked me to look after you because she's going on a date with Heidi after her business matter. I'm on my way now, bye."

Xin looked at her phone. Is she a little child that still needs to be taken care of? She's a grown-up now. Why can't her sister see that?

Xin just shrugged. She took her clothes off and took a bath. After taking a bath, she wore a white tank top and black, flannel pajama pants. While she was drying her hair with a hee towel, the doorbell rang.

She rolled her eyes and went out of her room to check if it was Amara ringing the doorbell. She opened the door and she saw Amara smiling.

"I brought ice cream," Amara said. Xin let her in and then locked the door.

"Thanks. So, you're a babysitter now? How much do I owe you for your service?"

Amara laughed. "Nice try. It's for free though. I would love to get to know you better, Xin."

"And why is that?"

Amara went to the kitchen and put ice cream in the dessert cups. "We've been wanting to meet you for a very long time now. Veronica was always talking about you. Honestly, you're quite scary. You look so serious all the time."

"I'm not that bad."

"I know." Amara handed Xin a cup of ice cream. Xin thanked her.

Xin turned the telly on. She let Amara choose a movie on a streaming platform.

There was an awkward silence in between them. "So... where is Cherry?" Xin asked to break the ice.

"She's at a party. A college party."

"Will she be okay there? I heard about parties where women are drugged and then gang-raped."

Amara gasped. "Y-You're joking?"

"It's all over the news recently. Honestly, high school girls and college girls can't take care of themselves... especially, when they get drunk. Why is there a need to attend a party where everything is so chaotic and crazy? Some girls end up getting pregnant without knowing who the father is. Some just end up getting hurt even if they haven't done anything bad." Xin said while she was eating her ice cream.

"You are the reason why Veronica doesn't go to parties with us." Amara frowned while pointing the spoon at Xin.

"I let her attend parties. Business parties. It's because she will be able to control her alcohol intake on such occasions. She would also be surrounded by older people who are responsible enough. People who think about the future, people who talk about money."