Chapter 4

While driving, Xin felt her palms become sweaty as she held her steering wheel. Heidi was just quiet while she was seated on the front passenger seat. It was the first time that Xin has been accompanied by someone else apart from her grandma and Veronica. She only meets her grandma when there are things that need to be done in person during important meetings.

"You know, Veronica can't stop talking about you," Heidi said to initiate a conversation.

"R-Really?"

Heidi smiled and looked at Xin, "Yeah, but to be honest, that was the first time that I saw you in the flesh. I only ever saw you on pictures that Veronica showed me on her phone.

"what?! She has pictures of me?" Xin asked in disbelief. She never really allowed her sister to take pictures of her. She hates being photographed.

Heidi giggled and moved her head. "Well, those were all candid shots, And please don't tell her that I told you about it."

Xin sighed and focused on driving. "What do you like about my sister?"

"At first, I liked her just as a friend. As time passed by, my feelings for her slowly developed into something romantic. I realized it when I saw a lot of girls who were trying to get her attention. I love how she's just happy-go-lucky most of the time. She's only allowed a few guys to be just friends with her. She's so clumsy that I always have to bring antiseptics and band-aids with me. I was actually the one who confessed to her. It was hard for me because she rejected me at first."

"Why did she reject you?" Xin's eyebrows furrowed. Heidi didn't respond to her question. There was silence between them which lasted for about a minute. "Is it because of me? Please be honest."

Heidi sighed and looked out the window. "Yes, because she was afraid that might feel betrayed. She was afraid that you might hate her, that's why we kept our relationship from you."

Xin secretly cursed at herself. She is indeed a big burden on her sister. She stopped the car when the traffic lights turned red and looked at Heidi. 'It did hurt me at first...but I want my sister to find her own happiness. I love her. I am grown up now. Please tell her that she need not worry too much about me." She started driving again as the traffic lights turned green. She felt Heidi's hand touch her shoulder as she squeezed it gently.

"Thank you for accepting our relationship."

Xin nodded at her. There was an air of calmness and comfort between them as they traveled in silence until they reached their destination. It was a small building with a simple exterior. Everyone who sees it wouldn't bother looking at it for quite a while.

Heidi must have understood Xin's reaction."Only a few people know about this place. A ticket is also required for people to be able to enter the place."

"What's in there?"

"You'll see." Heidi then ran to Veronica and held her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"This is also my first time here, Xin. Even Amara and Cherry do not know about this place's existence. Veronica then gestured for Xin to go near them. Xin just followed them towards a black door. There were two really, really, really buff guys standing by the door. They were guarding the place.

Xin started to feel dizzy just looking at the two guys while Heidi was busy giving them their tickets. It was already 6 pm but she could barely see other people in the place. She looked around and noticed that the place is very quiet. She felt Veronica tap her shoulder. "Relax. It's safe here. We're here with you so, trust us. Okay?"

Xin calmed herself and nodded. They all went inside. The restaurant is simple, yet it looks like an expensive one. The floor has black and white tiles that match the big chandelier which was adorned with what looked like a million pieces of black, and pure, colorless diamonds. A waitress then greeted them with a welcoming smile. Xin looked at her and got anxious again. Veronica placed her hand on Xin's shoulder as they walked towards their table.

"What makes this place different? It looks like your typical expensive and fancy restaurants here in Las Vegas." Amara asked.

Heidi chuckled as they sat. "This restaurant is for women only. Men are not allowed to be here. The two guards by the door are the only exception. All the staff of this restaurant is females."

"Is this a lesbian restaurant?" Cherry asked while she was giggling.

"Yes. That's why it's fine for Xin to be here." Heidi answered as they accepted the menu handed to them by the waitress.

"And why must we need a ticket to be able to enter this place?" Xin asked curiously. She knows about the existence of lesbian bars but never went to one.

"To avoid discrimination. This place is strict to avoid commotions caused by narrow-minded people. This place is very different compared to those gay bars where there are almost always fights because of people like them."Heidi explained. They all started to order food and beverages that they fancy having.

Xin looked around and saw a few women eating and talking in peace. Their facial expression and body language indicate that they are calm and relaxed. Xin then started drinking her water as panic crept up inside her.

"You alright?" Cherry asked Xin. They all looked at her. Xin felt her body temperature rise. Xin felt like she was being stared at by someone but couldn't quite tell where it was coming from.

"I-I need to go to the comfort room." Xin took her jacket off and handed it to Veronica. She stopped Veronica from coming with her. "Just me..I'll be fine. This is a challenge for me."

"You sure?" Veronica asked with concern in her voice.

"Yeah." She walked towards the comfort room. A lot of women in the restaurant kept glancing at Xin which made her more anxious. She did breathing exercises to calm herself. She was finally able to reach the comfort room. She looked at herself in the mirror. She was flushed. Is she having a panic attack?

Xin took her shirt off and checked her body. She was sweating a lot. She took a lot of tissue to wipe off her sweat.

"O-Oh, I'm s-sorry."

Xin looked at the lady who was standing by the door. The lady blushed and her eyes went wide while she was staring at Xin. She looked like she was in her mid 20's. The lady looked sexy in her navy blue office uniform. Xin, who was half-naked just put her shirt back on.

"It's fine. we are all girls here anyway," Xin assured the lady even though she was freaking out deep inside. She was glad she had her poker face on.

"You're flushed. Are you okay?" The lady asked.

"Yeah. Just tired." Xin answered flatly.

The lady kept looking at Xin. She didn't believe that Xin's okay. Xin was startled when the lady slowly walked towards her. Xin took a step back. Her eyes went wide when the lady touched her forehead.

"You're hot. Maybe you have a fever." The lady told Xin with a hint of concern in her voice. Her hands slowly trailed down towards her cheeks.

"Shit! Don't touch me! Go away! Fuuuuuuuuck!" Xin was screaming internally. She was caught off guard. The lady looked at Xin's bluish-grey eyes. Those green eyes looked as if they were trying to see through her being. Xin lost consciousness of what's happening. She felt like her body moved on its own. She grabbed the lady's hand and pulled her to an embrace. The lady was startled. Before the lady could speak, Xin's lips have already found their way towards her lips.