Chapter 21

Xin's POV

I'm already awake and I have been staring at my ceiling for two full hours now. I still can't believe that I was able to do those things when Seraph took control of my body.

I know that I am still me, but my body just sort of moved on its own. What stings to me....is the fact that I loved all of it. Urgh!

I screamed while I covered my face with a pillow.

"Stop acting like a child. You enjoyed it." Seraph chuckled.

"Damn it." I said as I messed my hair up, out of frustration. I didn't have the strength to take a shower. My feet felt heavy as I walked out of my room.

"Someone had a rough night." Heidi said as she eyed me from head to toe.

I rolled my eyes and just sat on the chair. Heidi gave me a cup of warm tea. "Where's Vicky?" I said, sounding like someone who has lost all the will to live.

"She's at your grandma's. You did notice that it's already 2 o'clock in the afternoon, right? Veronica told me what happened. She kept complaining again." She giggled and gave me a large serving of lasagna.

"Thanks." I started to eat it.

"And the girls wanted to come here. Fortunately, I was able to convince them not to. I know you won't be in the mood to meet someone else right now."

"Totally...I need some space."

She kept staring at me and took a deep breath. "Xin...do you have something that you want to tell us? It's fine if you wouldn't want to tell me... But I want you to tell your sister about it. She's really worrying about you."

I dropped the spoon and sighed. "She wouldn't believe me if I tell her."

"She will. It's you we're talking about here. She loves you no matter what."

I groaned and continued to eat. "I'll try..."

She smiled and gave me a pat on my back. "She'll be home in a while. I'll wait for her before I leave."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes. She's getting more worried about me. I don't want her to go nuts because of me. She needs to focus on how she's gonna ask Heidi to marry her. I need to free her mind from thinking about me."

"I won't stop you then. Goodluck." Seraph snickered.

We waited for an hour for Veronica to arrive.

We still enjoyed talking to each other. Heidi didn't ask me anything. She really knows when to give us space. She also knows her boundaries.

How lucky Veronica really is. I really want Heidi to be my sister-in-law.

"I'm home..."

When we heard Veronica's voice, Heidi gave me an encouraging smile as she grabbed her purse.

"I have to get going now." She waved goodbye to me and gave Veronica a peck on her lips.

Veronica looked at me. "Grandma wants us to go with her tomorrow. We need to attend another important meeting."

I nodded. "Uhm..." I cleared my throat. "I...need to tell you something"

She raised her eyebrow. "What is it?"

I took a deep breath. "I-It's about me."

"What? You a part of a syndicate now? A gang?" Veronica became anxious.

I shook my head. "Will you believe me? Will you still love me?" I felt scared. Just the thought of her leaving me after this makes my heart tighten in pain.

"Of course, I will love you. I will never stop loving you. Please tell me what it is that's bothering you." She came towards me and hugged me.

I hugged her back. "There's something inside me...like another me."

We looked at each other's faces. "I know that you are gay...we both are."

"No...that's not it..." I took a step back so that we can have space in between us.

"What is it then?" She frowned and she looked puzzled.

"The changes in my behaviour, it's the real me. It's in my blood."

"Xin, what are you really talking about? I don't understand what you are trying to say."

"Just look and don't run away. Promise me."

She looked at me like I was insane. "Promise."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. My black hair started changing its color and became silver. My body changed, I have more muscles now. I felt my back sting for a second. Two black wings appeared on my back. I slowly opened my eyes and their colors changed from bluish grey to "midnight shade."

I looked at Veronica who was frozen stiff. Her eyes were wide open. Her mouth opened wide. She wasn't even blinking.

"Vicky..." I said. The voice that came out from me was Seraph's. "I'm a...demon...a love demon..." I said nervously.

"No shiiiiiiiiit...." She said in a whisper. Her eyes rolled back. I caught her before she fell on the floor.

"Shit!" I looked at my unconscious sister.

I expected this to happen. I lay her on the couch. This will take time...a lot of time...

~~~~~~~~

I waited until my sister finally woke up. I was sitting next to her.

"My head hurts." She groaned while massaging her head. Then she shook her head and looked at me.

I sighed. "Will you still love me then?" I sounded so down as I asked her.

She didn't speak for a few minutes.

I looked down on the floor. "I'm sorry for not telling you this. It's also hard for me when I discovered this part of me."

"Tell me everything"

I nodded and didn't look at her. I explained everything to her, down to the smallest details. She just listened and didn't ask any questions. After an hour of explaining and telling her about the truth, she still hasn't said anything to me.

She just suddenly stood up and went towards her room.