Chapter 8

Xin was driving her car through a road with heavy traffic. Her heart was beating fast. She felt anxious because she felt like something was not quite right. Her grandma Chelsea requested that they meet at her office. They were going to meet with a VIP at her grandma's company. She was glad that it was a woman. She would've declined her grandmother's request if that person was not a woman. She checked the time on her phone. She was glad that she left early. She just knows that traffic on a weekday is bloody heavy.

This is just the second time that she'll be showing up at her grandmother's office.

The cars were finally moving. Her grandmother's main company building was finally on sight. Xin parked her car and took a deep breath. She checked herself at the vanity mirror. Well, she looks hot for sure. Simple. But she looks hot.

Xin wore an oxford shirt with vertical white and steel blue stripes and folded sleeves. She paired it with skinny fitting jeans. She also wore her cream-colored sneakers.

She was glad that there were no men in the lobby when she arrived. Her grandmother must have sent a memo telling every man to stay on their stations and never roam around when I enter the building.

"Hello, Miss Xin. Ma'am Chelsea is waiting for you. Is there any beverage that you fancy? I will bring it in Ma'am Chelsea's office." One staff greeted her with a smile. The woman looked at her from head to toe.

"Water, please. Thank you." Xin answered politely.

The woman nodded. Xin went inside the elevator where there are already 4 women inside. She felt tense. She needed to calm down. She knew that the women were checking her out.

Her phone rang and she answered the call.

"Hey, I'll be coming home late. You don't have to prepare dinner for me, okay? Grandma asked me to do something. I love you. Don't push yourself too hard. Take care." Veronica said on the other end of the line.

"I will, you too. I love you too, sis." Xin let out a sigh. The elevator finally stopped on her floor. She walked out of the elevator.

Slowly, she knocked on her grandmother's office door. She heard a voice telling her to come in. She slowly opened the door.

"Hi, baby girl!" Her grandmother smiled upon seeing her. Her smile was from ear to ear.

She groaned. "Please don't call me that."

Chelsea just laughed and walked towards Xin. Chelsea gave Xin a bear hug. "I just missed my baby girl. So you did not miss me too?" She pouted

"I miss you too, grandma."

Chelsea clapped her hands and hugged her out of joy, just like a child. They heard giggles. Xin looked at the two women sitting on the couch.

"Oh, I forgot about them." Chelsea pulled Xin's arm so that Xin could sit beside her. "Maxine, let me introduce to you my co-founder and friend, Blair Brown. This is her personal assistant, Quinn Lauren. Ladies, this is my granddaughter, Maxine."

The women stood up and offered their hands for a handshake. Xin gulped and looked at their fragile hands.

"You'll be fine. Just touch them." Seraph assured.

Xin slowly reached for their hands and shook them.

Her grandmother frowned. "Maxine?"

"It's alright, grandma. I'm fine. And please stop calling me by my real name. I'm getting itchy just hearing that."

Chelsea laughed and tapped Xin's back.

"So, it's true that you are afraid of touching others," Blair stated.