Chapter 27

Xin's POV

There was a lot of new information that my brain had to process, yet I had to get my act together. I told Hazel that she should never leave Cynthia's house. I secretly followed them until they were able to get home safely on that night that we went to Sally's club. When I was sure that they weren't being followed, I sent an SMS to Veronica, informing her that I'll be spending the night at a hotel. She tried to call me, but I didn't answer.

I looked at the piece of paper where the address of Ricky's hideout was written. I drove my car and parked it in a nearby forest. It was too dark when I got out of my car, but I was able to see clearly.

I shifted into my demon form. My black wings spread wide and I started to fly. I looked down the trees and scanned the area. My eyes zoomed in on an old building. That must be their hideout. I saw a few men on patrol outside the building. I continued to fly and decided to land on top of the building.

"They smell like rotten corpses."  Seraph said.

"They do."

I moved stealthily. I walked down the stairs as I checked the map that Hazel gave me. It indicated where her lover and her friends were locked up. Unfortunately, it was in the basement. I sighed. Of all places, it just really had to be in the basement. I had no choice but to walk all the way down to the basement while I met some thugs on my way there. I hate touching those thugs. The thought of their skin touching mine made me cringe.

I hid when I saw two guys talking while playing cards.

"It seems like their boss is not around. That is well bad... I want to play with him." Seraph's laughter was really sinister.

I giggled. "Your turn."

I let Seraph take over my body. She was really very excited about it.

"Well...Hi there, boys." Seraph suddenly showed herself in front of them, but before they could react, their heads started rolling on the floor. Their bodies were still seated on their seats. They turned into ashes and vanished. "Filthy vampire rogue."

Seraph yawned. She went inside the elevator which happens to be still working. She didn't feel like walking all the way down to the basement.

Seraph got to the ground floor without a hitch. The men guarding the area were stunned when they saw a very gorgeous woman with black wings.

"I need to finish this. Otherwise, I will be killed by my own sister." Seraph looked at the few men who were frozen stiff. She flapped her wings and sharp wind smashed their bodies into pieces. Their bodies turned to ashes and vanished.

"That was nasty." I said while I was watching Seraph do her thing. "Now, go to the basement."

Before Seraph could go to the basement, the men who were patrolling outside ran towards Xin as they heard the commotion. They attacked Seraph, but she was able to dodge all of those effortlessly. She smirked. Invisible hands started to snap their necks one by one, like a toothpick.

"Well, that was easy." I said as I turned my back to leave.

"Way too easy. I was looking forward to a real fight." Seraph pouted.

"You will, soon." I walked towards a grey door and finally found the basement. I walked down the stairs and looked at the prison bars. The dim lights on the basement were not of help at all. I had to use my vision so that I could see more clearly.

I slowly walked towards the prison cell and saw four figures inside the cell. They were sleeping. It was already 3 A.M. anyway. They all looked tired, and prolly weren't able to eat well.

"Hey!" I yelled.

They all flinched and stood up immediately. Their eyes went wide when they saw me.

"You must be Hazel's friends. She asked for my help. So, here I am, helping you escape." I said as I reached for the prison bars.

"No. You will get hurt if you touch those." A woman warned me.

I just rolled my eyes. Her warning didn't dissuade me from touching the prison bars. I easily destroyed the bars, just like jellies. They were so shocked at what they had just witnessed.

"Ricky...that mother fucker was not here at all. Got a clue as to where he might be?" I asked the four people who looked puzzled as they stared at me.

"He's got another hideout, but we haven't got a clue as to where he is." The only guy answered. "You must be Seraph."

"No. I'm Xin. Seraph is inside my body, just chillin' after she got bored of killing those thugs up there." I gestured for all of them to follow me. They introduce themselves to me, one by one.

"Is Hazel safe right now?" Othelia asked me.

"Yes, she is. I'll take her with me. All of you must stay in my apartment." I looked at Oscar. "Be thankful that you are a love demon. You would've been dead meat by now if you weren't." I smirked at him.

He gulped. We all walked towards the forest, where my car is parked.

"Are you all just being weak? Or are you all just acting? It's really a big embarrassment for love demons to be caught by a fallen demon." I said to them as I finally saw my car.

"He used something to capture us." Sheena said.

I unlocked my car and we all got in.

"He had a secret weapon then." I looked at Oscar.

"How did you know about me?" I asked as I changed into my human form.

"You're our future queen. We just don't have any idea as to what you look like. All I know is that you are in the human world, doing your job as a love demon." Oscar answered.

"How come we weren't able to sense your power?" Kara asked.

I started the engine and started to drive. "I don't know. Ask Seraph about it. She's got a lot of secrets. I didn't even know until recently that I am a love demon. Then, I suddenly became a crown princess and a future queen of the seven hells. But...I really don't care about that. I'll continue living with my grandma and sister. So please, don't treat me like your queen. Just think of me as a good samaritan who was willing to help you."

"B-But...there will be no balance in the seven hells without a king. Lust is so close with the previous king, she might go berserk if you don't show up there." Oscar wasn't pleased with what I just said.

I sighed and focused on driving. "Look, it's all new to me. At least let me think about it first."

"You are so different from king Asmodeus. He loves women, especially taking care of their virginity. He loves stealing women from their husbands. He and Lust just love seducing humans, so that they will cheat on their partners. A lot of humans are ruined." Kara said.

"Even if he is really my great great grandfather, I am nothing like him. I grew up as a human. He grew up as a demon, in hell. I love humans even if they are a pain in the ass. He loves torturing humans. My family are humans. I will protect them. If this Ricky bloke is still lurking around here, I must kill him fast. I can't let him lay a finger on my family and friends.

They were all speechless and I just kept on driving