Chapter 20

Xin continued to hang out with Sally. Patrick left the table because his nose was broken. It was already 2a.m, but they still went on to enjoy the night. Xin knew that it was really getting late, but she still wanted to have fun. This was an opportunity for her to let her inner demon out. There were a lot of women getting attracted to her, every female on tables that were near her. This is the effect of her being a love demon. Every woman who sees her will become attracted to her.

Sally got confused because women were flocking on the tables that were near them. Sally also noticed that those women near them kept glancing on their table. She looked at Xin, who was obviously enjoying the view. Xin kept looking around and had this playful smirk on her face. Sally can't explain why she was being enthralled by Xin's charm.

Xin looked at her phone when it rang. She rolled her eyes when he saw Veronica's name on the caller id. Yeah, time to go home. She answered the phone.

"What the fuck, Xin?! Where are you again?!" An angry Veronica yelled over the phone.

Sally heard it too and giggled.

"At the bar."

"Maxine?! You are insane! That's the one place that you never wanted to visit! I'll go there! Give me the address." Veronica then ended the call.

"Your mother?" Sally asked as she smirked.

"Uhm...more like a sister who acts like a mother." Xin said while typing the address of the bar on her phone.

Xin also received a bunch of SMS from Amethyst, Amara, and Cherry. Veronica must have asked them if I was with them.

"You are loved. Don't you like it?" Sally asked and then took a bite of the french fries.

"Not really. Sometimes, it's just a hassle when it comes to my sister and grandma." Xin shrugged.

Sally laughed at her for complaining. "Embrace it."

Xin smiled at her. Sally had to control her breathing. Why is her smile so intoxicating? Xin really does look familiar to her. She just can't remember where she has seen her.

"You're not going back to your ex-girlfriend?" Xin asked in a bored manner.

"Nope. I've had enough of her lies. We've been dating for 5 years. We've been engaged for three months. We were supposed to start planning for our wedding, but fate had a way to reveal the truth. I was fortunate to have known the truth. At least I stumbled upon her betrayal before we could get married." Sally was hurt. She needed to endure the pain that her ex caused.

"Do you still love her?"

Sally reflected on what she felt, and gave a sad smile. "Yeah...I love her so much, but her betrayal had such a big impact on me. Three months have passed since it happened. I need to move on and just keep looking forward."

"And what do you think is her reason for trying to win you back again?"

"I don't know... She's richer than me. So, there's nothing she could gain from me. Maybe because of guilt... Or perhaps she just wanted to clean her name. My family and friends hate her because of what she did."

Xin thought for a while...

"I don't know a lot about relationships...but, I felt that  her love for you is present. I think she loves you more than anything. That surely is the reason why she's trying to win you back."

Sally let out a sarcastic laugh. "Did you see what happened earlier? She tried to force me to come with her. She was willing to use force to try to revive a relationship that is no longer working...a relationship that can't be fixed anymore."

"Yeah, I almost killed her bodyguards." Xin chuckled. "But even just once...have you tried talking with her seriously?"

Sally was not able to speak for a minute. She sighed and shook her head. "I didn't give her a chance to talk to me in private. I was so devastated when I saw them. I was crushed that I couldn't even bear to look at her. I let my parents handle the situation, to call off our engagement."

"Have you ever imagined being with her again?"

Sally frowned. Why did it feel like she was being interrogated by the young girl? Every question from her causes a pang in her heart.

"You want an honest answer?"

Xin nodded.

Sally took a deep breath. "Yes. I have always imagined her being with me. Right here in my arms, kissing her, and making love with her. There are mornings when I wish that I never had to wake up because I've always dreamt of her being my wife. We also have a daughter named Nikki in my dreams." Sally smiled when she recalled that dream.

Xin grabbed her hands and squeezed them. "Then, try to talk to her. Try to hear her out. You can decide whether to call it quits, break it off properly, and forever forget her...or try it again with her after you hear her out. Sometimes, the best thing to do when you want to let go is just to talk about it and listen to her, then you can tell her what you feel. Trust me, it's a guarantee that you will feel a lot better. You can free yourself from that dark cage. It'll enlighten you about a lot of things."

Sally and Xin just stared at each other for a good minute. Sally felt like something heavy was being lifted from her heart, she just felt lighter. Xin's words gave her motivation and courage to move forward.

"Thank you, Xin. You know, for a young girl like you, you seem to know a lot about life." Sally smiled heartily.

"I might have been living for a thousand years now. I have a lot of experience in life" Xin wiggled her eyebrows playfully, which caused Sally to burst out in laughter.

"There you are!"

The two looked at Veronica who was out of breath. She must have ran just to get here.

Well, hello there, Vicky." Xin said.

"Hello, your ass! You got me worried sick! Let's go home now." Veronica grabbed Xin's arm.

"Wait." Sally pulled a calling card from her wallet and handed it to Xin.

"Thank you for tonight, Xin. I'll follow your advice. I want you to be the first person who hears out about whatever happens on the day we meet."

"It'll be my pleasure to hear about it." Xin took the calling card.

Sally watched them as they walked away, until their figures can no longer be seen.

"Who was that?" Veronica asked as she dragged her sister out from the club.

"A new friend."

They both got inside Veronica's car.

"Please call me if you're going out...Especially if you go to places like this." Veronica started to drive and got her car out of the parking bay.

"Okay." Xin was able to enjoy the night. Another new experience for her. She closed her eyes as she leaned her head against the car's window. Freedom is her favourite time to go out and just be herself.