𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14 : 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩

A/N: can we talk about how cute Ellie looks in this picture ?! (i edited it so she looked sadder)  the pic up there is the kitchen btw!

Thea's age : 14 years , 8 months .
Ellie's age : 15 years 2 months.
( same as last chapter )

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟸𝟹 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟺 ( afternoon )

Thea's POV :

"Ahem."

Alerted, I raise my head to my front porch , calming down when i make eye contact with Aunt Maria.

Ellie seems to notice , releasing me from our hug and backing away to come face to face with Maria. A bright smile made its appearance on her face . "What's up Maria?"

Maria  chuckled in a fake way , "What's up is that I was welcomed into my home with a flooded floor." She deadpanned , walking down the steps to stand in front of both of us . Ellie turned into a block of ice , her smile turned into a thin line , glancing at me for a split second.

Maria seemed to catch on and her gaze dropped on me , "Care to explain?" Her brow raised , her palms on each side of her hips.

"It wasn't-"

"It was those chickens!"

.                     .                        .

My brows furrowed slightly , staring at Ellie who just blurted out the weirdest lie .

I hold up a hand , "Uh-"

Ellie cuts me off, "You know , the chickens that always end up outside of their cages !" She glanced at me for a second , "The chickens almost destroyed that shirt you love wearing-which one was it?- oh! That red one."

I shush Ellie by continuing , "Yup-! They uh- We ran after them in the kitchen and they made a whole ruckus!"

"-So that's why, the kitchen is flooded" Ellie finished with a grin.

Maria looked between us in turns and sighed , "I can tell you're lying ." She rolls her eyes . "I've already cleaned the mess up."

She gestures to follow her inside , and we do. "Tommy already left , since he's helping with the decor."

I close the door behind us and walk into the kitchen , to find Joel drinking , a type of wine ?

He looks at Ellie and I and nods his head to the front door , "Get you're jackets , I'm predicting some cold weather tonight."

Ellie chuckled and walks towards him , grabbing the bottle of wine he was drinking from , "You said that last time and we ended up with a humid storm."

He huffed and let his arm hang on her shoulder and gives her a small hug , kissing her head . "Well, you're old man's right this time."

She just rolled her eyes and fetched a glass from the upper cupboards , "I've got a flannel one in the living room."