𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 37 : 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘍𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

➻A/N: I screamed when Tlou 2 remastered was announced. A great way to start 2024‼️

➳ 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓- 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮˳˚∗༉‧₊

Volume: ■■■■■□□□

Thea's age : 14 years , 9 months

Thea's age : 14 years , 9 months .
Ellie's age : 15 years 3 months.

𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟺
━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Thea's POV:

"C'mon Thea, some toast wouldn't hurt."

I huff and turn my back at Maria's assistant, "I'm capable of living without breakfast!" My fists clenching around the bag of hay I was pouring into the horse's hay net. The vile scent of horse stables making me gag since I had an empty stomach, the dinner from last night had vanished.

The woman behind me scoffed and I heard her walk away to deal with other errands around the barn. It's been 5 days since Mika dropped me back home, and let's just say, I've been miserable since.

Turns out, Mika had told Maria everything. So now, I'm stuck with a punishment of working in the horse stalls. I still don't understand, what is so wrong with kissing a boy? Maria and Tommy do it all the time!

I haven't talked to Maria since Mika left and I don't plan on doing so. I scowl at the thought of her, god I'm so- so frustrated.. I felt tears forming in the corner of my vision, I hope my friends don't start hating me for this.

The horse I was tending to snorted and shook it's head, letting out a couple whines. I glance at its water pot, finding it empty. Damn, that was fast, I filled it last night.

Groaning, I stretch my arms for this annoying task. The well was the source of water where all the horses drank from, the annoying part was pulling the bucket back up. I felt some of my hair strands falling from my messy bun and starting to stick to me. The summer sun decided to show up on the days where I actually have to go out.

I attach the container to a sturdy rope. I then lower it into the well until it reaches the water level, allowing it to submerge and fill with water. Slowly, I pull the container back up, taking care not to spill the water.

Once the container is at the top, I remove the rope from the bucket and hold the heavy container until I've arrived back into the barn. Some of Maria's workers waved at me, probably mockingly as I do all their work. How could Maria assign all the work to me?! After all, I'm only 14.

My gray tank top has engraved itself into my skin. Spots of sweat appeared on my face and body. I felt like absolute shi-!

"-Remember to groom the horses!" An irritatingly joyful voice interrupts my tantrum. I fight the urge to grumble as I notice the adults relaxing, drinking and chatting away.