𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 38 : 𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘎𝘭𝘰𝘸

₊˚ପ⊹A/N: It's the last day of 2023, happy new year!🎇

➳ 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 : 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐱 𝟒 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 - 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 & 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞◌ೄ◌ྀ ˊˎ

Volume: ■■■■■□□□

Thea's age : 14 years , 9 months

Thea's age : 14 years , 9 months .
Ellie's age : 15 years 3 months.

𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟺
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Thea's POV:

Who knew my gut feelings had a PhD in predicting impending chaos?

That bad feeling I casually mentioned earlier?

Yep, nailed it.

In the so-called kitchen, I was looking for any source of edible nutriments. But, Ellie decided to grace me with her rendition of a banshee.

"Fuck- Infected!" she shrieked, adding that extra flair to my food quest. Because, of course, every food run needs a dash of impending doom.

I groan before sprinting out the door and closing it. Ellie panted out a thanks and got Sorin ready. The infected kept banging at the door that I held shut, sweat trickling down my neck at the sound of the zombie's cries.

Pushing all my body weight on the door, the infected had stopped kicking the front door. But the sound of its rapid steps going towards the kitchen mad eme tense up.

The kitchen had a door to the outside.

I hurriedly run down the steps and get on Sorin, Ellie pulls out a gun she had stashed in her short's pocket. 

"Ellie, just get us out of here!" I beg of her, my whole body shaking when the infected's footsteps get closer. Ellie grunts and tugs on Sorin's reins, ordering him to run as fast as possible. Sorin neigh's and gallops so fast to the point I had to hold Ellie tight.

The auburn-haired turns her head back, gasping at the sight behind us, "Thea, switch with me-!" She cries out, patting my back to move forward.

I jump slightly, "Huh- but I don't know how to control him that well—!"

Ellie reassured me and forces me to go up front, giving me Sorin's reins. My eyes water at the feeling of the forceful wind hitting me in the face, "El's, be careful!"

I fight the urge to turn my head back, not wanting to see the sight of the infected. I focus on making Sorin follow the path back home, as quickly as possible. The sound of a shotgun behind me makes me flinch, I ignore my thoughts and turn my head back.