𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 22 : 𝘕𝘦𝘤𝘬 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘬

❥ A/N : This chapter is actually very short .
Oops..

➳ 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 : 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 - 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐥✯*° ‧₊˚✧

Volume: ■■■■■□□□

Thea's age : 14 years , 8 months

Thea's age : 14 years , 8 months .
Ellie's age : 15 years 2 months.
( same as last chapter )

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟸𝟺 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟺
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Thea's POV :

Previously on The Gleaming Gift :

A Lightning Bolt.

My heart hammered in my chest , "N-No-"I mumble with my bottom lip quivering .

My feet moved on their own and i find myself bolting out of that space i was in and run for my life to my bike .

My heart beating quickly as if it was about to jump out of my chest anytime. I needed
to go back home.

H o m e

I need to go somewhere safer . I rapidly step up the path we came from , my knee almost twisting in the process. Once I reach the top I thank the gods that i managed to get out of that extremely unsafe area .

Why the hell was that mark there?

I disperse to sit on my bicycle and begin to paddle . I pray for a safe journey as I swallow a large lump in my throat. It was the evening , the sun was setting . Then, Maria ought to be at home.

I quickly turn and could make out the outline of Joel's house as my palms cling to the handles of the bike. The bright green porch is getting closer.

I sigh in relief as i spot the house . After a couple seconds , i'm stepping up the stairs and knocking on the front door , praying that someone was home .

As if someone has heard my pleas , Maria opens the door in a blast. Worry taking place on her face .

"Is everything alright?" She further opens the door so that I can enter.

I remove my dull green cardigan and toss it on the racks , "We're not safe." I mumble and hammer the door shut , locking it .

"What-?"

I gulp , "You know how I said i'd be visiting Vivienne today?"

Maria nods . I resume , "Well I asked her- about that night."

She sits me down on the sofa , "Yea?"

"She said that these men had a special mark, a lightning bolt, on their masks." I ramble.

Maria's eyes widen , "A lightning bolt?"

I nod , "And i found it today -In the forest , the mark traced on the tree." Tears starting to well up in my eyes from utter fear.

Her jaw clenched , " Alright. I'll send Tommy to inform the rest of the clan."

She shouts his name and a couple seconds later , he's running down the stairs . "What do you need that's so urgent?" He steps behind us.

Tommy probably notices my tears and disheveled appearance , "What on earth-?"

Maria glanced at him , "Inform the rest of the group - Those men are still in our village."

He nods and hurriedly leaves .

"No-! He can't go. What if they find him?" I jumped up in a state of panic to reach for Tommy, but Maria pulls me back.

"Don't panic , he'll be fine." She gently stroked through my hair to reassure me, "How about you have some tea?"

I continue to shake and wrap my arms around me. Maria sighs and stands up.

She returns with a cup of piping-hot tea. She sits down next to me. "Here, have some of this."

I hesitantly look at it , "Uhm.."

Maria chuckles , "It's good- I promise."

I take a small sip with a tight smile, but the sour taste makes me turn away and put it on the coffee table . "Ew, this tastes so disgusting."

She rolls her eyes , "Don't worry about what happened today. I won't let anyone hurt you." She rubs my hands with hers and i feel myself leaning into her for an embrace .

My arms wrap around her waist , my head resting on her shoulder . "Okay.." I mumble as I feel myself calm down when she runs her fingers through my hair again.

Maria's hands wrap around me , her warmth making me feel at peace . I hummed in delight , feeling tiredness creeping in.

We stayed there several minutes in complete quietness , her attempting to quiet me down and muttering love you's.

When her fingers caressed my neck covered by my braid , I wince and back away. I grasp my neck , "Ow-!"

I'm unable to comprehend Maria's expression as she takes my hand off and looks at my neck.

She frowns and crosses her arms , "Miss Theadora Delaroux."

I raise my eyebrows in disbelief at the sudden title, "Huh?"

She tsks in disturbance , " Who were you with today?"

I stare at her in a confused manner, "Uhm- I was with Ellie, Vivienne, and Julian."

"And..?"

When she keeps asking, my palms sweat. Under her glares, my body shrinks. "I was with Ezekiel too." She scoffs and looks at my neck.

"Is he the reason why you have a hickey?"

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
We all wish it was Ellie right?

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊We all wish it was Ellie right?

Published 2023-07-10