𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16 : 𝘐𝘤𝘦 𝘊𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮

A/N : Updates so close ? Mhm

Thea's age : 14 years , 8 months .
Ellie's age : 15 years 2 months.
( same as last chapter )

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢  𝟸𝟹 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟺 ( nighttime)

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟸𝟹 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟺 ( nighttime)

Thea's POV :

Previously on The Gleaming Gift :

"It's 8:57 pm . You know what that means , right?"

Ellie and I both look at each other at the same time , then at Joel .

I excitedly get up , Ellie slowly dropping Cat's head on the blanket so she could sleep on it , very thoughtful of her.

When Ellie was about to jump over our seats to reach Joel's side , he blocks our way with his hands , "Nuh uh , you both will sit here while i get them for- you both." He grins and is about to turn around until Ellie pulls his arm back to her .

"Where do you think you're going , you silly man?" Her eyes narrowed at him and she frowned at his words .

Joel raised a brow, "What do you mean?-"

I scoff , "We know damn well , that you're not getting them for us. " I roll my eyes and place my palms on my hips .

Joel huffs and crosses his arms , "Ugh- What are you both still doing here anyway?! It's also past you're bedtime , Thea." He points out .

"-Maria said today is an exception , it's not past my bedtime anyway-!" I yell out in disbelief .

Ellie chuckles and grabs my forearm , "If you don't excuse us , ice cream stealer , we're getting our own dessert." She winks at him in a playful way and nods her head to the ice cream stand .

"C'mon let's go !" I let out a yelp as she pulls on my arm and drags me away from Joel. I watch him shake his head and follow us till the stall.

After almost falling into a bunch of people, we finally arrive to the spot where the server is about to reveal the goods .

I squint my eyes at Joel , "How did you even know that there would be ice cream here?"

He glanced at me and nervously chuckled, "Don't tell anyone but, i may or may not have invited myself into their home and checked their plans for tonight.."

We both gasp and cover our mouths with our palms ,"You did not-!"

He shushed us both and leans in to whisper , "Oh and i might have almost got caught when the couple,"

He nods his head towards Cecile and Samuel , currently mouth feeding each other an Italian sandwich , and turns back to us with a mischievous grin .

He continues , "Correction , I may have caught them - uh- love making . If that's what you call it-"