Destiel ~ Hunger Games (Au)

A/N: Well, might as well.

................

District 12. Dean stood with the other boys. His brother was a few rows behind him, and he prayed to God that his brother wasn't called. As the boys and girls stood unevenly in their nicest clothes, a woman wearing an elegant blue gown strode down the aisle. Her long blond hair cascading down her back, her brown eyes hidden from view. She walked into the stage, her face a bit grim.

"Welcome to the 84th annual Hunger Games. I'm Savannah Homan, the winner of the last hunger games, and I was given the honor of choosing the next tributes." Dean could tell that she hated the thought of the hunger games, she was forced here, about his age. Poor darling.

They watched the video as always, then they had to pull the names.

"Don't pick Sammy." Dean muttered under his breath. The girls were always picked first. Savannah reached in the bin, containing a name, her fingers clasping around a flimsy sheet of paper, pulling it out. Her voice pained when she read the name.

"Charlie Bradbury." She announced, a red head from the girls side walking to the front, eyes on the ground. Savannah went to the boy's names next, plucking the parchment out. "Sam W-"

"I volunteer as tribute!" Dean shouted suddenly, knowing perfectly well there was only one Sam W in this entire district, and that was Sam Winchester. People looked at him in shock, but Savannah seemed to have understood.

"Ah, a volunteer. You brave boy. Come up here." Dean was escorted to the front, he glanced at his brother, who looked shocked. Dean got on stage with Charlie, and the looked out upon the hundreds of faces.

Later.....

"Hello again Charlie." Savannah said as she entered the tributes room on the train.

"Savannah, you look well." Charlie nodded.

"And you brave boy Dean Winchester. Protecting your brother." Savannah smiled weakly. Dean remembered the proud look his father gave him, and the horrified look Sam gave him, burned into his mind.

"I'm 17, this is the last year they can put me in this competition." Dean sighed.

"I know how you feel. My brother and I got picked last year. I still miss him." Savannah sighed and sat down in one of the chairs. "I'm going to train you so you can survive. If I can do it in heels, you two have a good shot." Savannah informed.

"Heels?" Charlie questions.

"Never mind. Dean, can you use weapons?" Savannah questions.

"I'm pretty handy with a gun and with a knife." Dean admitted.

"Good, we can use that." Savannah nodded, taking them in. Her brown eyes, Dean realized, we're almost animatronic, calculating every possible point of weakness and strength in the two of them. "We have a lot of work to do."

Getting room arrangements before ceremony...

"You never get the opposite gender as a roommate. You're normally put with another tribute of the same gender." Savannah explains, looking at some sort of computer screen in her hands. "So Charlie, you have room 170 on floor 2, and Dean, you have the penthouse. Looks like you're sharing with a district 1 tribute." Savannah comments with a shrug.

"Just great." Dean muttered.

"They aren't all that bad. And from what I can tell, this one didn't volunteer, and that's a first." Dean candy apple green eyes looked at her, squinting a bit, not believing it was true. He ran his hand through his hair.