17.

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️
Scenes of sexual assault.

Jungkook's pov:
I slide open the door to the garden in annoyance and see y/n working with the wood logs she got yesterday from the forest. She turns around to me and gives me a warm smile. She was drenched in sweat though. But what was she even doing?

"Did i wake you up? I'm sorry jungkook"i frown and walk over to her still half asleep. "What are you doing with these logs so early in the morning though?"she puts down the food and wipes the sweat off her face. "Making a tree house for your nephew,told you yesterday"

And it hits me. She did tell me yesterday but i didn't know she would really do it. "You thought i wouldn't really do it huh?"she laughs and was going to pick up the log when i stop her. "I'll help you,it must be hard"she looks at me for some seconds before shaking her head. I literally kill men what is this guy talking about?

"No it's fine,go back to sleep jungkook. It's not that hard of a task"but i don't listen to her and start cutting the logs into small pieces,her gaze fixated in me. "Pretty stubborn eh?"i hear her say and give off a mocking chuckle. "Look who's saying"i don't dare to turn around because i was getting the vibes that she was gonna slice off my neck if i dared to turn around.

"Turn around jeon i won't slice off your neck i promise"i had the best laugh of my life right there with her. "You're amazing y/n"she hammers the nail into the wood,giving me a sassy scoff. "You don't have to tell me you know,i already know it,i'm a self aware queen"oh that she is.

We were just laughing and working together when we hear mom's voice chiming behind us. "You both are so energetic in the morning together hm? Such a hardworking couple"we smile at her,while y/n thanks her smiling like an angel,making ny eyes turn soft. "Thanks to hansol though"and at that moment hansol comes out of the room.

"Ohh what a pleasent surprise! Hansol coming out of his room"y/n yells at him in excitement and he hides behind mom,grabbing her clothes with his tiny little fists. "Did you want something hansol?"mom pats his head soothingly and he looks at y/n,staring at her with his cold yet doe eyes.

"What is it hansol?"she nods at him and he gulps. "Pizza"she blinks at him for seconds before gasping. "Oh you wanted pizza,gosh i forgot. I'll make it right now"she gets up and i get up with her too. "I'll work on the tree house,you go make pizza with mom okay?"

She gives me a subtle smile with a soft nod making me return a smile back. "Let's make you a delicious pizza hansol,which flavour you want?"and she high fives hansol,taking him to the kitchen along with her. Mom looks at back them and then at me. "Hansol is opening up with y/n and i seriously couldn't be more happier"

She really liked y/n's presence. She was getting along with hansol,helping mom in chores,cooking and then checking up on chaewon. She was doing it all so well and honestly,it felt like a dream.

She was getting the warmth that her own family couldn't give her,giving mom the warmth she wanted for such a long time and i felt happy for us but,we both know,how it ends. And the ending wasn't something i was looking forward to.

This may be the first and the last time she'll meet my family. Seeing her so happy,smiling and laughing with my family members,it feels as wrong as much as right. What would happen,when i'll tell my mom that i'm just using her and she's just an executioner for me? I wonder how the tables would turn?

If i'm sad just by thinking about it,how would i feel when i'll have to let it all go after she kills yeonjun? The last prey and the last thing that holds us together in a marriage with so many secrets embedded in it.