8.

Continuing Flashbacks
Mon's PoV
I observed for long now and Becky is in her own world. I even didn't like Saint for some reason like his over talking and his looking at my daughter without emotion. Do they really love each other?

After their talk the boy left. I looked at Khun Sam she said "What is it Mon?"

I gestured at Becky who was still on her thoughts. She shook her head and put hand on Becky's shoulder. Becky shuddered. She said "Yes mom oh Saint where is he?"

I finally said "Becky you don't love him do you?"

Becky said "Mom I do love him."

I said "Don't lie to me. I know you don't love him why are you forcing yourself to do it."

She didn't speak a word Khun Sam was surprised like how I knew it? She said "What's going on?"

I said "Khun sam she don't love him."

Becky argued "Mom I love him and I'm marrying him that's final."

She then ran to her room. Khun Sam sa "What was that?"

I said "I don't know Khun sam but she don't love him for sure."

Khun Sam said "Don't overthink Mon she may be shy or nervous."

I just nodded but my heart didn't believe she loved him. We waited for becky to come out till dinner but she didn't so Khun Sam went to call her. I just watched them. I was mad at Becky because she was not saying the truth and Khun Sam just supported her.

They came down and we were having dinner. I didn't look at her nor talked to them. Khun Sam finally broke the silence. She said "Mon, Becky you both act childish sometimes please don't be mad at each other. For god sake first eat."

Then I realised I had not eaten anything. I just took spoon full and ate even though I was not in a mood to eat. I just wanted Khun Sam to not worry. I finally looked at Becky she was equally looking at me. And she said "Mom please I'm sorry but I want to marry him and I do love him so please don't disappoint me."

I let out a frustrated sigh. I don't want her life to be hell. I'm just worried as a parent but she doesn't understand. Khun Sam held my hand and said "Mon it's ok."

My tears fell. I just finished the food without talking anything and went back to my room. I locked it and cried hard. I want to be alone now. Why does she have to force herself to marry someone who she doesn't love. I heard Khun Sam knock the door but I didn't bother to open it.

I just cried like hell and fell asleep. Morning when I woke up I saw Khun Sam looking at me worriedly. She said "Mon how do you feel now."

I said "Good."

She said "Mon come I'll help you take bath you had high fever last night and also your BP was so low. I was really scared I don't want to lose you Mon."

A tear fell from her eyes. I hugged her and just calmed myself. I know I'm not ok but I have to act I'm ok . I can't see Khun Sam in pain. I broke the hug and faked a smile. Becky came in and said "Mom are you ok. I'm really sorry if it's because of me."

I didn't react. Khun Sam said "Becky come here."

Becky came and sat on Khun Sam's lap. Khun Sam cresses her hair and said "Becky don't cry and don't worry everything will be okay. I'll surly get you married to whom you love. And Mon please agree she is our daughter and I don't want her to struggle like we struggled to be together."

I realised Khun Sam why she agreed to Becky's love. But I can't see that love in Becky's eyes that's what is mattering me. I just nodded I didn't want to argue it more just let her do what she wishes.

...............
Hope you're liking the story
Thank you for reading